• Spend it on the house

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
These what-if threads are enlightening.

If you acquired 3-4k cash monies and were in a good spot financially with only basic debt, what would you do?

I'm in a good spot, only have a little bit of CC debt, then the house, truck payment, and student loans. Fiancee's car just got paid off. We have some minor bills but make plenty o money. We are getting married in September.

Since I paid her car off, I can get away with picking up a vortech. Or I can be responsible and just pay the last of my CC debt off, or spend it on the house, or save it.

So SVTp faithful, what would you do with 3k?

Also- SVTp jesus, I made this poll close 7 days from now. Where's my cookie?

Edit- We have solid savings.

Last edited:

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
I'd pay the debt off. That's what I'm working on now. And not having debt feels way better than pulling 8lbs of boost in a Fox. Plus if you had no debt just save up a few months and buy the kit with cash anyways. Win win.

Zemedici

Established Member
Credit cards.

In the same boat, got a decent chunk of coin coming in, and am paying off student loans / credit cards with it instead of buying a fun car.

#adultingsucks

Then the money you typically put towards the CC / loans, you can stash back, and pay cash for the blower kit in a few months.

Whambam no debt and blower.

@Hunter98SVT tree'd me

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Pay off CC and save the rest. I'm assuming you don't have much in savings since you didn't mention it.

Mike's03Mach

Established Member
Seems like everyone is saying pay off CC, which is the smart thing to do. No debt will put more money in your pocket at the end and you won't be tied down with it.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Pay off the CC and stop using it except for emergencies or for small purchases that can be paid off at the end of the month. Save, save, save!!

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Pay off the CC and stop using it except for emergencies or for small purchases that can be paid off at the end of the month. Save, save, save!!
This.

Why in the world do you have a 'sound savings' but carry credit card debt? Pay off the CC debt first!
And this.

Once yer truly debt free, you'll understand why.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
If you have it pay off credit cards first. Their interest rates are killers. I have never had cc problem as I always pay it off each month. Only loan I have is the house so I came into that amount I would invest in wisely and watch it grow. If you are not able to do that I would pay down the mortgage.

greenscobie86

Established Member
Get rid of cc debt first, savings or no savings. Seen what predatory cc debt does to people and households so I'd focus on getting rid of it quick. You can save up for a vortech after any cards are paid off.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Why in the world do you have a 'sound savings' but carry credit card debt? Pay off the CC debt first!

Never hurts to have savings. If I have 0 credit card debt but 0 in my savings, then that makes it hard in an emergency. I guess I could use a card to suffice and stay alive, but still.

I keep "Oh good we need a roof" level of savings, the rest goes in 401k with my profit share and let it roll deep in the market. This is just side money and I'm just figuring on what to do with it. I think CC is the logical answer. Luckily I'll have a G left over from paying CC debt off to stick in savings.

I want to take the lady on a nice Honeymoon eventually anyway so this makes sense.

08mojo

Established Member
Never hurts to have savings. If I have 0 credit card debt but 0 in my savings, then that makes it hard in an emergency. I guess I could use a card to suffice and stay alive, but still.

I keep "Oh good we need a roof" level of savings, the rest goes in 401k with my profit share and let it roll deep in the market. This is just side money and I'm just figuring on what to do with it. I think CC is the logical answer. Luckily I'll have a G left over from paying CC debt off to stick in savings.

I want to take the lady on a nice Honeymoon eventually anyway so this makes sense.

No, if you have zero credit card debt and zero is savings, you have the ENTIRE amount of you credit card limit for emergencies.

Sounds like you are on the right path. Get rid of that high-interest revolving debt.

Users who are viewing this thread