What would you do with $15,000 to your cobra

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
Like the title said, what would you do if you have $15,000 to put into your car. i got my tax return today and im going to add about another 7 grand ontop of that.

im realy interested in seening what everbody wants on there cars. because im still building my wish list.

Last edited:

Wrench

Established Member
21 thousand says big bore with low comp. ported and polished heads & intake, valvetrain, and a nice set of twin turbos

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
For 15 grand definitely a full build big-bore 304, ported heads cams and some sort of power adder. Most likely turbos.

NXSVTCOBRA

ID3Racing said:
Like the title said, what would you do if you have $15,000 to put into your car. i got my tax return today and im going to add about another 7 grand ontop of that.

im realy interested in seening what everbody wants on there cars. because im still building my wish list.
buy another car, maybe a foxbody, bennet racing 418c.i. and a powerglide, with a built rear end.... carb'd and nitrous

COBRABRAD

Established Member
450 HP with stock exhaust manifolds N/A..............

450 HP 4.6 DOHC
Part No. SHM4V450
Sean Hyland pioneered the 5 litre version of the modular 4 valve engine in 1998 for road racing, and this engine is the latest iteration of that concept. Utilizing an aluminum block, thin wall cast iron sleeves are installed, increasing the bore to 3.70 inches (94mm). Forged pistons of 10.5-1 compression and forged steel connecting rods are added to the forged steel crankshaft. FR500 cylinder heads are ported, fitted with oversize stainless valves and high lift billet steel camshafts. A magnesium FR500 intake manifold with variable length intake runners sits on top of this engine, completing the stunning visual presentation.

$13,995.00*

Mach0ne351

Established Member
build the engine completely, TT it, custom-made tubular IRS, and a few other things :)

man! the possibilities!

marek

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
15k isn't gonna get you as far as a lot of these guys think.

Id do a forged 283 for 4000 (billet rods)
stock heads and cams
turbo kit 8k
t56
the remaining 1k for other supporting parts.

johnjib

Little '99 SVT
Established Member
If I were you I would give the money to johnjib bcuz he needs it more. Yeah maybe. 15k dude? I would be the happiest man in the world. In my situation I would build the motor, build a strong solid rear, build the transmission, pimp my ride w/a nice hood and rims. What are you wanting from your ride?

Wrench

Established Member
You can get a built long block with ported heads and decent cams for right around 7 and then the hp twin turbo kit is 6500

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Established Member
Wrench said:
he said he was going to add another 7000 to it

he said he was adding 7k to his tax return. We aren't sure whether his tax return is 8k or 15k. however, a 15k tax return is ludicrous. waste of good money to me. anyways.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Big Bore Fully Forged
FR500 Heads and Intake (P&P'ed)
Built Solid
Chassis and suspension work
200shot.

Various other things with the leftoves

Wrench

Established Member
quadcammer said:
he said he was adding 7k to his tax return. We aren't sure whether his tax return is 8k or 15k. however, a 15k tax return is ludicrous. waste of good money to me. anyways.
i saw my mistake and corrected it. sorry

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Big bore, FR500 complete.
Or a low compression ( 9 or 10:1) big bore with a whipple.
Look up Nazman's car.

Quadcammer

Established Member
Wrench said:
You can get a built long block with ported heads and decent cams for right around 7 and then the hp twin turbo kit is 6500
unfortunately then you need a better fuel pump and injectors.
also you will need a very good dyno tune.

also the stock tranny won't last very long, nor will the stock clutch so plan at least 2500 there.

adds up WAY to fast.

Wrench

Established Member
quadcammer said:
unfortunately then you need a better fuel pump and injectors.
also you will need a very good dyno tune.

also the stock tranny won't last very long, nor will the stock clutch so plan at least 2500 there.

adds up WAY to fast.
the hp kit comes with both the injectors and svt focus pump. as for tranny issues you are right.

Users who are viewing this thread