What would you do? want to hear your opinions. (KC or E85)

What would you do first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

derockgt

Established Member
Really high chance I will be moving to Phoenix Az, and want to hear would you guys think. I know how hot it is there and really want to get killer chiller, but there is a station that sells E85 less than 5 miles from where i would be living. now i know E85 has high cooling properties. what would you do go killer chiller? or upgrade fuel system and e85? cant do both right away but will eventually. what would you go with first? also i need a retune regardless since my car was dyno tuned on 93 and Az only has 91.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Well, if you are staying with the Eaton, I say KC. If you're planning on going TS, I say E85 all day. The only benefit with the Eaton would be a little more timing with E85.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Since you live in Arizona I would say do the KC first. At least that way you're running colder temps while you're waiting on everything else.

Last edited:

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
I know that several western cars have to due this since 93 isn't available, but I would not want to run my cobra on anything less than 93..hence my vote for e85. Even if e85, does go up (which it will), it's still racegas at the pump. If the cost is a concern, then I would go the KC route first.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Well, if you are staying with the Eaton, I say KC. If you're planning on going TS, I say E85 all day. The only benefit with the Eaton would be a little more timing with E85.
Actually Brad you also get a HUGE saftey cushion with the E85 against detonation. Even with 93, you can easily push the limits of timing and detonation.

Not a good thing living on the edge.

I would vote E85 all day long!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Crap, I never took the octane of E85 into consideration. Still don't have any within a 100 miles of me, damn it!

SlowSVT

Established Member
What is the availability of E85 in your area? In all of Los Angeles (and the OC) I think there is only one place that serves E85. Your range will be about 150 miles between fill-ups which means the car can't stray too far from that pump. E85 is very compelling but for me this is a deal breaker.

The Killer Chiller sounds a bit more practical.

gabe1530

Banned
i voted e85 earlier because you will have massive gains even with an unported eaton. just like 04sleeper said, the cooling benefits alone in the fuel are amazing. theres a member here who is making 520/585 with an unported eaton 2.8/4lb lower.

derockgt

Established Member
i voted e85 earlier because you will have massive gains even with an unported eaton. just like 04sleeper said, the cooling benefits alone in the fuel are amazing. theres a member here who is making 520/585 with an unported eaton 2.8/4lb lower.

I saw his thread and thats when I came up with this dilemma. At first it was KC all the way. But there are at least 7 e85 stations all across the city one less than 5 miles away.

gabe1530

Banned
I saw his thread and thats when I came up with this dilemma. At first it was KC all the way. But there are at least 7 e85 stations all across the city one less than 5 miles away.

what i would give to have 7 e85 stations in my city. its a no brainer to make the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread