What would this cost?

DRCjasper

Established Member
Assuming the car is stock to start and all parts are new... A quality built 331 (like a dart) with quality heads and probably some porting will run around 8K or so, another 7-8K for the turbo setup, a couple grand for the trans with sfi bell housing + a quality torque converter, 1-2K for an 8 sec legal cage, at least 600-700 hundred for a quality built rear end, 6-7 hundred for an aluminum driveshaft and safety loop, springs, shocks, control arms (upper and lower) with other supporting suspension mods and you could easily spend another grand, fuel system will be another grand or so, if you move the battery to the rear you'll need the kit and a cutoff switch (a couple hundred more) plus subframe connectors, torque box reinforcements, light weight drag wheels and slicks are gonna be a few grand, window net, parachute, a fire suite, shoes, helmet, fire extinguisher, NHRA license. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff as well. Obviously, you can spend a little less or a little more on any of those areas or shave costs on some used parts so, those are certainly generalized numbers. All in all though, it's gonna run in excess of 20K and that's just parts. If you're paying for labor, that figure goes up fast and don't forget tuning.

DRCjasper

Established Member
Add to that, assuming that the project is starting from scratch, a performance ignition, upgraded MAF, exhaust work, probably tubular a-arms, k-member, fiberglass or carbon fiber hood (maybe even trunk lid) likely upgraded brakes and the more I think about it, the more I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Your looking at $30K for quality parts dart block, good turbo brand, built trans, good fuel system, etc. If you had this car built from ground up by a shop, your looking at well over $40K not counting the cost of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread