What would cause vibration in the brake pedal while turning + braking?

beastmar

Established Member
Hey guys, just as the title says, what would cause my car's brake pedal to vibrate when braking and turning?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey guys, just as the title says, what would cause my car's brake pedal to vibrate when braking and turning?

Bad front hub?

Best thing to do is to jack up your car and feel your wheels for play. Replace the stuff that's worn out!!!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
Just a guess but I've noticed this during aggressive driving. Hard breaking while turning asks for too much traction from the front wheels and they either under steer or the abs kicks in and you feel the abs vibration.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Just a guess but I've noticed this during aggressive driving. Hard breaking while turning asks for too much traction from the front wheels and they either under steer or the abs kicks in and you feel the abs vibration.

One thing I tell my driving school students is the car will either turn hard or brake hard, take your pick! :read: It can't do both! :idea:

beastmar

Established Member
One thing I tell my driving school students is the car will either turn hard or brake hard, take your pick! :read: It can't do both! :idea:

Word :rolling: But I have my abs turned off from my tune and I highly doubt it is understeer. Thanks for the suggestions. Most likely I will be coming to ftbr in the near future for new parts....

Terminated03

Established Member
I just did a search on this same thing. Sometimes when I make a sharp turn and I have my foot on the brake I can feel what seems like the ABS feeling. I just rotated my wheels/tires and I didnt have any play in an of them. I guess its the ABS? My ABS is turned on.

I thought maybe I just needed to turn my rotors...?

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
Don't forget that the brake booster and the power steering share the same pump and hydraulic system. If you have the wheel turned and tap the brake pedal you can often times feel that in the wheel as the pressure to the power steering drops a little. Especially if you are geting a little low on fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread