What will the 2018 Dodge SRT Demon beat in a drag race? Cars costing 10 times as much, that's what

blk02edge

Established Member
yea I mean its always been an aspect people want to know and excel at but not the driving force behind design or ever the main goal over there. Either way I know ONE person buying a demon and it will never be driven :/

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
yea I mean its always been an aspect people want to know and excel at but not the driving force behind design or ever the main goal over there. Either way I know ONE person buying a demon and it will never be driven :/
Wow, they aren't going to drive it at all? That takes some great restraint. I would want to at least take it around the block a couple of times.
Everyday,..................lol

blk02edge

Established Member
Wow, they aren't going to drive it at all? That takes some great restraint. I would want to at least take it around the block a couple of times.
Everyday,..................lol
it will sit in his dealership for at least a year or two then move to his garage, he's mainly into road racing vipers lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
it will sit in his dealership for at least a year or two then move to his garage, he's mainly into road racing vipers lol
Nice. Good for him. Will he showcase it in the showroom floor all roped off for a while, or tuck it away somewhere on the grounds.

blk02edge

Established Member
Nice. Good for him. Will he showcase it in the showroom floor all roped off for a while, or tuck it away somewhere on the grounds.
Id imagine so, but no ropes and unlocked which is cool. He still has two ACRS's sitting there unlocked with the paper on the floor for people to sit in

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Id imagine so, but no ropes and unlocked which is cool. He still has two ACRS's sitting there unlocked with the paper on the floor for people to sit in
Wow, that's pretty awesome.

Jefe

Established Member
It may be me. I now have a VON vehicle order number. Black car with all the 1,dollar options. Hoping for late September delivery
I thought I read the earliest delivery would be November? The ones that paid over MSRP could be March

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I can't think of any affordable European cars designed for drag racing. I hardly count Hypercar top speed stuff as that's a negligible percentage of people
Affordable and designed are to key words.
Ben dragged his s600 and sl65 back 14 years ago with good results.
Today the awd GTR, 991TS, RS7 Performance run good numbers on non dr tires.

blk02edge

Established Member
Affordable and designed are to key words.
Ben dragged his s600 and sl65 back 14 years ago with good results.
Today the awd GTR, 991TS, RS7 Performance run good numbers on non dr tires.
Not really what I was talking about

blk02edge

Established Member
What were you meaning? Those that come stock with dr and skinnies?

I just assumed any car that could hit 10's at 130 or above off the showroom works.
I never said euro cars can't be used and do well at drag racing, there just aren't any made with that goal being the main factor or even really considered in design. Just happens to be a byproduct of building fast cars

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My rich friend got a quote, with a pecking number. He's #4, and the dealer said 50k adm. lol
He told them, blow me. He actually called 10 dealers in Florida. Only one returned his call.

Oh, I can do better. Emailed the dealer I had bought my Hellcat from to inquire. Response [after a bunch of other lines bragging how they were the highest-volume Hellcat dealer in the area]:

"The lowest offer we have for one of the remaining seven slots is $155k, and the highest offer we have is $195k."​

So there you have it. I could get a Demon from them for, apparently, only $110K ADM. Needless to say, I jumped at the offer :)

Most dealers in this area have been reasonable - demand exceeds supply thanks to the product being good and Dodge's excellent marketing, they're looking for $10K or $15K over MSRP. But the quote above took the cake.

Users who are viewing this thread