What will the 2018 Dodge SRT Demon beat in a drag race? Cars costing 10 times as much, that's what

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
sure.. if 140mph isn't that fast.

to add to that... anyone who thinks it only makes 840hp on kill is high on good drugs.

140 matches the trap of the 3150lb., 400K, 675LT. That is not impressive? What would impress you? Maybe if it were a street legal Cobra Jet?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
140 matches the trap of the 3150lb., 400K, 675LT. That is not impressive? What would impress you? Maybe if it were a street legal Cobra Jet?
It was my comment.
They did not put 140 in there display. They did not put any mph of the competitors either. This led me to believe the demon is not the fastest car in the 1/4.
What does the veyron trap? How bout the P1, LaF, 918?

Again assuming if it had the highest trap too, mph for all cars would have been listed.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It was my comment.
They did not put 140 in there display. They did not put any mph of the competitors either. This led me to believe the demon is not the fastest car in the 1/4.
What does the veyron trap? How bout the P1, LaF, 918?

Again assuming if it had the highest trap too, mph for all cars would have been listed.

My P1 trapped 150 MPH in the 1/4, but took a leisurely 10.3 seconds to reach that speed on Trofeo R tires.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I'm looking at the demon as a road car since it has a vin.
The last checked road cars drive in the rain.
Cobra jet vs demon since we're only talking non street driving 1320 runs...

How does driving in the rain=you have to race in the rain too? That's absurd, and that's the reason I laughed at your post.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
How does driving in the rain=you have to race in the rain too? That's absurd, and that's the reason I laughed at your post.

My GT350 handles like a monster in the rain. I would expect the Demon to do the same.

Dodge claims the Demon is better at cornering and road racing, setup as is for drag from the factory, than the Challenger Hellcat. That's a hell of a claim. I'd like to see what it does on wet roads too. Especially since my commute to work, as well as track days at the twisties, are "rain or shine" events.

Last edited:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
It's a neat vehicle for sure especially at $85k. But I can't help but think of the first idiot driving around with his skinnies on, roll racing on the interstate trying to take a bend at speed with all that weight on those little tires.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Like Treynor said, the P1 usually traps in the 150mph range and I'm sure the other super cars are in the 140s+. Kind of what happens when you're in a car not built for drag racing but has low weight(minus the SS, I don't think they're low low weight compared to other super cars but probably weigh less than the Demon(I would think anyways) but have extra horse pressures to make up for it. Normal tires(non DR) even with AWD of some of the cars still won't leave as good as the Demon with it's optional skinnies installed. The other cars on the list make it up down track(mph). I think the Demon is the "quickest", not the fastest"mph" of the bunch. 140+ in anything is still a fast AF car. No hate from me, I love the fact they made the Demon, I just hope the few selected owners will be true car guys and race them vs keeping as collectibles. I'm not surprised about the 50K ADM, most dealers done that with the GT350R and a lot of them sold before they even got to the dealer. It's all in what people want, I wouldn't pay the ADM but to some people, 50K isn't that "big" of a deal especially when "having it before your other rich neighbor" comes into play. EGO's are worth more than people think, lol!!!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

No you won't race in the rain. My point being if it has a vin it should be able to handle wet weather. As a stock car it won't just like the cobra jet won't.

I'd rather have any of those other vehicle including the HC as a car I drive...

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Not hating on the Demon.

But compromise is the word for Hot Rods. Sure the Demon is fast in the 1/4 mile, but how would it run at say VIR? Road America? ROFL SCCA event? The comparison for this thread is fine, except any of the cars that it is being compared to are fast in a number of different tracks/events.

E

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol @ that this place now. So many posters are reaching into the ass to find reasons to hate this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't wait till we see the Demon showing up at the tracks. Going to make for some interesting races.
Looking forward to seeing the Demon in action. And,...those almost 3 foot wheelies. :eek:

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
I can't wait till we see the Demon showing up at the tracks. Going to make for some interesting races.
Looking forward to seeing the Demon in action. And,...those almost 3 foot wheelies. :eek:

First off, unreal beautiful car. It wouldnt be hard for me to find a car I like better. Escpeciallly for the all around performance it offers. You sir make me jealous, have you ever raced the car? Palm Beach Dyno needs to be connected if they haven't already. Some of the huge gains I've see from the Roush cars they've done would easily make it worth it. Anyways, I love green and special edition Mustangs in general, if it ever gets gone then I can promise it's not in VA...lol!

I can't wait to see one at the track, I'll be sure to get a vid of one running 12's at our local track just to piss off the internet. Oour season opener I seen a guy stay in the 14/15s all day in his Challenger HC. In real life racing at the strip, it's crazy the amount of things you see. I love it, I bet he just couldn't understand why it wasn't running 10.80's like everyone told him it would. Either way, he'll figure it out eventually with seat time. It's good to get a chuckle out of the new guys who think it's so easy to do until they try it, goes for 99% of the arm chair quarterbacks in the stands also.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
First off, unreal beautiful car. It wouldnt be hard for me to find a car I like better. Escpeciallly for the all around performance it offers. You sir make me jealous, have you ever raced the car? Palm Beach Dyno needs to be connected if they haven't already. Some of the huge gains I've see from the Roush cars they've done would easily make it worth it. Anyways, I love green and special edition Mustangs in general, if it ever gets gone then I can promise it's not in VA...lol!
LOL
Thanks man, I appreciate the nice comments. I don't race the car. I barely take it out to be honest. Only 3,100 miles on it and I bought it brand new in 2013. lol
You have PM!

Users who are viewing this thread