what will it run?

93sspcoupe

Established Member
im about to put the motor back in my stang old motor blew on me :shrug:

its a stock bottom end 302, has gt40p heads milled 10 thousands, stock cam, shorty headers off road h pipe, edlebrock rpm 2 intake and 75 t bodie. aluminum flywheel, spec stage 3 clutch. tko 500 trans, 355 gear. 3100lb without me. street tires im hoping for 8.8 and slicks maybe 8.2. after sum suspensions mods and a little less weight ill be shooting for 7s. i know alot of ppl are saying 7s are to optimistic for a basicly stock motor. whats your opinion???

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
With out a cam, suspension and bigger gears 8.2 or lower is out. With a pair of slicks I wouldnt see why a 8.6 and + couldnt be achieved, but 8.2 eh Im just not sure. before my rebuild my car with a e cam gt40s ported, tfs intake, 70 mm tb 76 maf 24lb injectors, shorties, x pipe full suspension, 3.73s and slicks I ran a 8.1 and that was all she had. Now with the rebuild and some minor changes, mainly the cam, I am down to 7.7-7.8 pre e85 and tune. A cam makes a huge difference. I would put on in before you reinstall that motor.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
i know itll prolly need more gear before itll hit 7s, that and some 15x8 wheels and 15x3. i dont wanna put a cam in it. wanna do it as stock as possible. i only got 300 dollars invested in the build. i think the way it is with my 17x9 wheels, and mt et streets itll run 8.4 or better. when it was bone stock it went 8.6

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
Put the cam in...

I gotta agree. It needs the cam. You're gonna kick yourself later.

Or, maybe not. Build it for you, it's your car sir! Enjoy and keep us posted.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Let me suggest a stock cam to look into. Look into the explorer cam, I am hearing s big buzz from the 1st gen L guys about it. It might be worth a look and I bet you could get one cheap

Users who are viewing this thread