What will happen...

GDUB03

Hey guys, i am a new member to the site. I want to know if it is ok to take off my exhaust for the weekend, just so my car will be loud as hell. Will my car be fine?

Digital

Established Member
Hey guys, i am a new member to the site. I want to know if it is ok to take off my exhaust for the weekend, just so my car will be loud as hell. Will my car be fine?

I hate to say it but if you don't know the answer to this question you probably shouldent be messing with the car.

Taking off your exhaust will change your back pressure and change how your tune trys to run the car slightly, if you take it off from downsteam of the O2 sensors.
If you take it off upstream of the O2 I.E the headers you car probably wont run at all.

Have fun and don't get a ticket with your "extra loud" car.

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
i did this with my old fox body a long time ago, changed midpipes and wanted to see what it sounded like with just LT's. to let you know, its stupid loud and the exhaust fumes that get inside the cabin are extremely obnoxious, fun for about 2 rips of WOT and then is WAY too much

yellowgt02

Established Member
Its stupid loud, like not even funny. More embarrasing. Worse than Nascar.

When I put my midpipe on, I broke a few studs and drove it to the exhaust shop on open headers. Never again! Dont do it, its not worth it. I only idled my way to the exhaust shop, so I dont know what its going to run like.

Users who are viewing this thread