What wheel/tire should I go with?

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
if its street bling you are looking for, i wont offer an idea. thats all about taste. if its track wheels and tires, thats different. you dont need bling on the track. you need function.

get the ford racing bbs boss 302r wheels. they require 275/35-18 size tires. all the series where the mustangs race use that size and all the available data is there.

i have 3 piece bbs wheels and forgeline wheels for my race car.

Grant808

Established Member
get the ford racing bbs boss 302r wheels. they require 275/35-18 size tires. all the series where the mustangs race use that size and all the available data is there.

i have 3 piece bbs wheels and forgeline wheels for my race car.

That doesn't make any sense for this supercharged car. 275s aren't going to help for shit. And a 25.6" tall tire is also going to look like shit on a street car.

JohnW#88

Established Member
I wouldn't run HRE's if you paid me to. Look up their track problems.

:bs:

Not true.

Don't believe everything you read or a photoshopped pic you see on the web. The cracked wheel photo that comes up when you search was proven to be a fake long ago. HRE has attempted every legal option to get that one BS photo off the internet but they have failed. Its amazing how one jackass can post a doctored photo YEARS AGO and it still hurts them today.

Full disclosure.
I was sponsored by HRE and raced with their wheels for years. That's why I know some of this stuff. Their wheels are amazing. They are super strong and I have a number of W-2-W contact stories that underscore why I have TOTAL confidence in their product. If they can take what I gave them on the race track, they'll handle anything anyone here can dish out!

Some say HRE's problem is they're too pricy. However, you get what you pay for! If you want cheap then buy some Chinesse crap. If you want top quality, US made, custom, premium wheels... they cost coin.

Don't take my word for anything. Call them. If you live in SoCal go visit them as they regularly offer tours.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread