What wheel and drag radial to run out back for the 1/4 mile?

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I am curious as to what you 1/4 mile guys are useing for drag wheel and tires at the track. I ran 17" wheels with 315/35 DR on my Z06 with great success.
Any suggestions are welcome!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I am curious as to what you 1/4 mile guys are useing for drag wheel and tires at the track. I ran 17" wheels with 315/35 DR on my Z06 with great success.
Any suggestions are welcome!

for drag strip I would recommend a 15x10, with either a 275/50 or a 275/60. If you tune to 7800rpm then you can get away with the 275/50 and hold 4th gear thru the 1/4, tops out at 124mph.

IamRacerX

Established Member
I am planning on keeping the car stock for a few years... So I assume the 15" wheel will clear the rear brakes. I am of the thinking that keeping the stock tire height for gear ratio purposes might be the way to go as a shift to fifth might hurt...

DTL

Established Member
Pretty sure the 15" wheel clears the brakes, but I think the 10" wide wheel needs the sway bar relocated slightly. A couple people make the brackets to do this, but I don't know what, if any, effect it has on the bar geometry, handling, etc.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I use a Steeda relocation bracket, i think it was $49. I havent noticed any adverse issues from using this relo bracket, no worries. Here is my drag setup...

Rockingham2012090.gif

I'm going to get 275/60's once I burn my 50's up, just need a little more gearing up top.

DTL

Established Member
Right on, that looks awesome! Did you have to use a spacer on the rear to clear the brakes? All the setups I've seen don't fit the 2011+ cars without some nonsense.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
I use a Steeda relocation bracket, i think it was $49. I havent noticed any adverse issues from using this relo bracket, no worries. Here is my drag setup...I'm going to get 275/60's once I burn my 50's up, just need a little more gearing up top.

where did you buy your wheels from? do you know the offset?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Right on, that looks awesome! Did you have to use a spacer on the rear to clear the brakes? All the setups I've seen don't fit the 2011+ cars without some nonsense.

Thanks! No wheel spacers, no problems with the RT-S Welds

where did you buy your wheels from? do you know the offset?

I called Weld and spoke with them before ordering from Jegs, but cant remember the part #'s. I know I have the part #'s laying around somewhere, will post them up asap. The wheels look even better in person, super strong and lightweight.

IamRacerX

Established Member
Thanks guys... if anyone knows the specs the rear wheels need to be, please post it up!

Users who are viewing this thread