What was your favorite decade and why?

VegasMichael

Established Member
Social media in general IMO. Facebook is the devil.
Aye but FB can be what you want it to be. Look, I keep in touch with old friends, current friends, work friends, family and military buddies. I subscribe to a few news sites but that's it. Yeah there is a lot of nonsense on FB but you can avoid it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Aye but FB can be what you want it to be. Look, I keep in touch with old friends, current friends, work friends, family and military buddies. I subscribe to a few news sites but that's it. Yeah there is a lot of nonsense on FB but you can avoid it.
That’s what it started out as. I have a phone if y’all want to talk.
Nah, it’s become a idiot place. Nothing but advertising and crap.
Never had it, never will. I call it assbook.

quad

Established Member
The present. Never live in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I'll have to second that. Regardless of the political climate etc. this decade was the best for me personally - besides my first decade where I was born. Without that decade I would not have any decades that followed!

Thanks mom for not aborting me! Wish I could say so for my potential siblings that came before me because she told me she had abortions a few years prior to me arriving - it was inconvenient because she was in college...

My dad was against it apparently which I don't doubt. I could have had a few more brothers or sisters...

There are ups and downs in any decade though.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I'll have to second that. Regardless of the political climate etc. this decade was the best for me personally - besides my first decade where I was born. Without that decade I would not have any decades that followed!

Thanks mom for not aborting me! Wish I could say so for my potential siblings that came before me because she told me she had abortions a few years prior to me arriving - it was inconvenient because she was in college...

My dad was against it apparently which I don't doubt. I could have had a few more brothers or sisters...

There are ups and downs in any decade though.
If you don't live in the past you might be condemned to repeat it and be miserable forever.

nxhappy

Established Member
Born in 85 so it's 90s for me. Was a simpler time being just a kid living the pre-technology age and then experiencing all the new advances in computer technology and other tech. Wish I could have lived through the 80s a bit older but I still remember a lot of it.
Same here. I'm a mid 80/90s kid. Early 2000 high school days were the best. Back then I was a tuner boi....4 bangers and v6's hahaha. I put turbos on a 3000gt, that's when I really discovered cars and learned how to work on a motor.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Same here. I'm a mid 80/90s kid. Early 2000 high school days were the best. Back then I was a tuner boi....4 bangers and v6's hahaha. I put turbos on a 3000gt, that's when I really discovered cars and learned how to work on a motor.

Same here. All I wanted to do was work on cars and I did some stuff looking back I'm surprised I pulled off as a kid knowing I was so dumb and naive back then lol. Now I'm back to working on cars more than I ever have and I'm enjoying it just as much, but my body starts to hurt much faster now!

coposrv

Established Member
Just look around in the climate we’re in. It’s incredible. Information has never been so available before. The opportunities available to everyone have never been so abundant.

I really believe in the not so distant future the 40 hour work week, large chain stores, the typical middle class and middle class dream will be gone, and I think that’s a great thing.

We had the industrial revolution, the age of information were in now and I believe very soon in the future it will be the era of intelligence.

What a time to be alive.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Just look around in the climate we’re in. It’s incredible. Information has never been so available before. The opportunities available to everyone have never been so abundant.

I really believe in the not so distant future the 40 hour work week, large chain stores, the typical middle class and middle class dream will be gone, and I think that’s a great thing.

We had the industrial revolution, the age of information were in now and I believe very soon in the future it will be the era of intelligence.

What a time to be alive.

why is wiping out the middle class a great thing?

coposrv

Established Member
why is wiping out the middle class a great thing?

Why would anyone aspire to be average? I mean it in the sense of people being ok spending their entire life in a job maybe saving for a yearly vacation and hopefully retire before they’re 75. I notice people are awakening and they’re not as easily accepting an average life, making average money then a few years of retirement before dying and leaving nothing of significance behind them. I won’t accept a middle class life, would you?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Why would anyone aspire to be average? I mean it in the sense of people being ok spending their entire life in a job maybe saving for a yearly vacation and hopefully retire before they’re 75. I notice people are awakening and they’re not as easily accepting an average life, making average money then a few years of retirement before dying and leaving nothing of significance behind them. I won’t accept a middle class life, would you?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I personally am ok with it. As long as i can afford a house, new(ish) car and go on a vacation once a year then im happy.
I plan on working til at least 65. I don't care for major luxuries.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Late 80’s for me. Started being able to buy nicer muscle cars then. Seemed like I could get away with anything and life was so fast and free-willed. Everyone who didnt work hard was a bum, and they were the minority. Now its the opposite it seems. Everyone is entitled, lazy and complains about everything. But today is the good ole days as it relates to muscle/power! This IS the muscle car era in my opinion...

nxhappy

Established Member
I will say this, I am loving this TRUMP era. Business is cranking pretty good. Investments are doing great. And housing is great as well. GET READY FOR 4 MORE YEARS BITCHES !

Users who are viewing this thread