What was your favorite decade and why?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
The 90's we the sheeeet. I pretty much grew up in the 90s
The music, the birth of the interwebz, aol (lol), movies, tv shows, the economy was strong, we actually has some semblance of world peace

CV355

_
Established Member
Anytime before social media became 'the' thing.

Not to go too far off topic here, but does anyone wonder if the internet/social media bred more craziness into the world, or were the nutjobs just less known because there weren't platforms for them to be heard on? Maybe both?

So much crap happens on Twitter that I wind up surfing it despite not having an account. That place is a disgusting mess. I can imagine God going "hey, haven't checked in on my science experiment in a while. Let's see how they're... Hmm. Twitter? Let's take a look. [reading from Twitter] '@sleazyho2002 I chased a morning after pill with vodka, die baby die.' Time to take out the trash" *hurls Earth into the Sun*

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Not to go too far off topic here, but does anyone wonder if the internet/social media bred more craziness into the world, or were the nutjobs just less known because there weren't platforms for them to be heard on? Maybe both?

So much crap happens on Twitter that I wind up surfing it despite not having an account. That place is a disgusting mess. I can imagine God going "hey, haven't checked in on my science experiment in a while. Let's see how they're... Hmm. Twitter? Let's take a look. [reading from Twitter] '@sleazyho2002 I chased a morning after pill with vodka, die baby die.' Time to take out the trash" *hurls Earth into the Sun*
At the very least, the filth of humanity can be easily spotted now.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I was born in the 70's, but I'm going to say late 80's and the 90's.
The best thrash metal/death metal and hardcore music was out. That scene was on fire, but yet, still underground. I graduated high school, got my first real full time job and bought myself a new Camaro RS at 19. Got laid, and had life by the balls.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
90's for me as I was born in 73. Graduated from HS in 92 and shortly after started my Military Career which allowed me to see a good bit of the world. Had some GREAT times! Music was way better than the 80's for the most part although the 70's Rock was better than the 90's.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
For years and years my dream car was a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Pro-touring car. Actually owned a big block Chevelle for a very brief time. If I ever decided to try another Chevelle Id go for a '70 with an LS7, Twin Turbos with a TH400 and the best Hotchkis suspension money could buy.
Dude, one of my dream cars is a '70 pro-touring Chevelle. Doesn't have to be an actual SS as it's going to get cut up for the DSE mini tubs and have a modern LSx engine, like a modded LS9, and all DSE under the car. A'70 pro-touring Camaro would be pretty ballsy too. I think DSE makes a full dash for both cars. Old school looking, but with a modern touch. (DSE = Detroit Speed & Engineering)

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The braless and hair was the best of the 80’s. Big FM hair, and nipples everywhere.

3EDC7336-4D69-471B-BE64-3680EF82C40C.jpeg
B2620AB6-15F2-4BD6-AF9B-4CBA0F3EC11F.jpeg

VegasMichael

Established Member

In my opinion I think the interwebs have bred more craziness. I mean it is instant attention which so many of the posters crave.

VegasMichael

Established Member
It isn't a unit of ten to ten, but 1995-2005.

A lot of interesting things happened in those 10 years. The rise of the home video game console, Terminator, LS powered cars, Home PC, Cell phones, TVs, e-commerce, online forums blew up, less social media, I could go on and on and on.

Then 2005 happened, cars turned to shit, and here we are.
Cars turned to shit in the mid 70s and didn't get their mojo back until the mid 80s.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Born in the year the Mustang debuted. Hence my life long passion for the car. Hot Wheels and other real metal toys, banana seat bikes, hee haw, laugh in comedy show, real cartoons, tag football, street light kickball, kids playing outside everywhere, teepeeing your girlfriend's house, getting caught, innocent from sexual tension, free to just be a kid. .....The 70's for me.

coposrv

Established Member
The present. Never live in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread