What VMP pulley

wudy

Established Member
Just scored a great deal on a 2.3 Vmp supercharger. However it dosent come with a pulley but has a 3.3 available. im looking for recommendations on what pulley and boost level should I be looking at
Im still collecting parts but all I have so far. Vmp 2.3. 60 lb.

Should i get proper fuel pumps or will a boost a pump be good enough.

As for fuel only 94 is avail here.

Id be happy with close to 600hp but whatever I get out of it will be fine for a street car.

Any recommendations on parts or advise is appreciated.

wudy

Established Member
And also forgot to mention. It dosent come with the gt500 tb. I have a ported stock one. Will it bolt up to it np problem. Do I reall need something that big on just a 600hp car? Read some conflicting opinions in the past.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you at sea level? Stock manifolds?

With both yes and yes what I mentioned above my car made 18 psi with a 3" pulley. That's the most I'd comfortably run on 91-94 pump gas.

You should be fine running your stock ported tb, as long as you're not chasing a hp number. You should be around 575-600ish range.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Dark_Times

Established Member
Just scored a great deal on a 2.3 Vmp supercharger. However it dosent come with a pulley but has a 3.3 available. im looking for recommendations on what pulley and boost level should I be looking at
Im still collecting parts but all I have so far. Vmp 2.3. 60 lb.

Should i get proper fuel pumps or will a boost a pump be good enough.

As for fuel only 94 is avail here.

Id be happy with close to 600hp but whatever I get out of it will be fine for a street car.

Any recommendations on parts or advise is appreciated.
I have that setup bap will be fine i have a stock lower and a 2.8 upper pulley tuned by Bob kurgan at kurgan motorsports car made 583 hp / 570 tq on 93 octane fuel

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

wudy

Established Member
Are you at sea level? Stock manifolds?

With both yes and yes what I mentioned above my car made 18 psi with a 3" pulley. That's the most I'd comfortably run on 91-94 pump gas.

You should be fine running your stock ported tb, as long as you're not chasing a hp number. You should be around 575-600ish range.

Yes stock manifods. Im not chasing a number as you mentioned but want to get it right the first time. I agree on the 3" pulley. Im not running a lower by the way. I believe you are tho from reading your build threads.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes stock manifods. Im not chasing a number as you mentioned but want to get it right the first time. I agree on the 3" pulley. Im not running a lower by the way. I believe you are tho from what ive read.
I had a lower on for about 15 minutes. I'm running ARH headers and a 2.6 upper. 21 psi.

wudy

Established Member
Dark times. I would be happy with those #s especially the torque. Dont think ive ever seen it that high on upper only. Impressive.

Dark_Times

Established Member
Dark times. I would be happy with those #s especially the torque. Dont think ive ever seen it that high on upper only. Impressive.
Bob kurgan the man when it comes to the 03-04 cobra. I have seen numbers up to 625hp 618tq but you be fine with 2.8 upper im pushing 19lb on 93 octane

Dark_Times

Established Member
Do you have any cooling issues/mods?
No I don't all and I don't have a cooling mod but I thought about doing one this winter for safety and cheap insurance but I love my setup just want to do alittle more stuff like sra and kurgan custom cams and k member, battery relocation and wire tuck stuff like that!!!! But this is my 04 cobra here
20200424_183925.jpeg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Is anybody using the Griptech pulley?
I couldn't get griptech to make me one. I tried dealing with them a couple times to make me one. Seriously, I'm done going the extra mile for someone else's service.

I'm running a carbonite coated 2.6 pulley. It works, but creates massive belt dust. One reason I may still run a lower.

wudy

Established Member
I feel your pain. Its tough to find patience when trying to get custom parts made. Been there done that. Lethal has what im after. For 180 I will definatly grab one.

Users who are viewing this thread