what trans fluid for 6r80

1quick

Established Member
im going to do a converter install next week and want to change the fluid and filter at the same time, whats the best atf to run in this trans

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
How much does FoMoCo ATF cost per quart? I cant seem to find it on Google. I am just curious as to if it is as pricey as the Nissanmatic Type S that I use in my frontier ($18.00 per quart at the stealership, $120 per 12 on Ebay)

scotmach

Established Member
I switched over to Amsoil when I did my converter swap. It's superior to the Ford Motorcraft stuff and was actually cheaper.

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I've seen the LV fluid on amazon for less than $10 per bottle. When I do my swap, i'll probably go with the LV. I've been plenty hard on N/A and SC cars with the stocker fluid with zero issues. But I do change it often.

cbracoupe

Established Member
I just did a 2c and PA deep pan/filler tube/dip stick and switched to Amsoil. Everything is have seen and read is good to go on the Amsoil. More expensive, esp with the extra capacity, but UnleashedBeast many oil threads with UOA's and various other data sold me on it. The dip stick/filler tube with the PA pan makes life a little easier on the refill and checking fluid levels.

Users who are viewing this thread