What Track do you prefer?

hj16

Established Member
I was looking around at tracks today and thought "I haven't been to any of these tracks, but I bet they have. I wonder which is the track of choice, and I wonder what are their opinions of each." So I decided to post a poll.

Vote on your prefered track choice. In your post give me some positives about the track you selected. We'll try to get the most prefered track, and if we cant, we'll make our way down the list until we find one that suits our needs.

BTW - Route 66 is NOT an option. Its too damn expensive.

hj16

Established Member
Okay, I cant do a poll for some reason. I'll make a mock one.

1. Indy
2. Cordova
3. Byron
4. MAR
5. US 41
6. Other

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
If it come down the price, I think 41 is the cheapest. I know the track sucks but, it would suck for everyone, so it would be fair... If this is going to be a Huge event, then I would pass on 41. If we are doing it for fun, 41 would be ok, at best..

I think Indy is a great location, I would guess its price would be high as well...

Is there an 1/4 mile tracks in Central Ill... Hell, any good streets???

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by Robertson Racin
Anything new??
Me and Andy are waiting till Winter Break to rent the track. We have too much going on now to plan it (College Semester Finals)

We do have some possible sponsors lining up though :)

We'll post everything here first.

Evill Supra

Established Member
Beech Bend in Bowling Green, KY isn't too far away for you guys I wouldn't think. It is NHRA, but they never tech there. Pretty much as long as you keep your windows up you can run 10s;). They also do rent the track out as there are multiple large events there every year-F-body, LS1 events, Ford events, and the Grand Nat'l Nationals are some that come to mind off the top of my head. They also prep the track fairly well, even for testntune, and they have covered stands so you don't get sunburnt.

www.beechbend.com.

Good luck.

Steve K.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
If it come down the price, I think 41 is the cheapest. I know the track sucks but, it would suck for everyone, so it would be fair... If this is going to be a Huge event, then I would pass on 41. If we are doing it for fun, 41 would be ok, at best..

I think Indy is a great location, I would guess its price would be high as well...

Is there an 1/4 mile tracks in Central Ill... Hell, any good streets???
Good point

I think Byron would be lots nicer if we had more people.

-Zach

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Any tracks around Bloomington? Peoria? How about the west side of Illinois? Beech Bend is 6 hours each way from the south side of Chicago. Add another hour or two for the north siders.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by flyn high again
Any tracks around Bloomington? Peoria? How about the west side of Illinois? Beech Bend is 6 hours each way from the south side of Chicago. Add another hour or two for the north siders.
I am from Bloomington no tracks there, there is a track in Havana though..... but its only 1/8 mile Peoria only has a dirt track 1/4 mile track.

hj16

Established Member
I know the track sucks but, it would suck for everyone, so it would be fair... If this is going to be a Huge event, then I would pass on 41. If we are doing it for fun, 41 would be ok, at best..
We are paying a bit extra to get unlimited VHT and prep. Hopefully we can bust some halfshafts off the line:kaboom:

Just not mine;-)

red96cobra

Drivin' on a rail
Established Member
I know it's not the area you are looking for but us 131 in martin MI is great. They just rebuilt it 2 years ago and it is probably the nicest track I've ever been to. If anybody ever heads out my way let me know and we can head up there

Nick

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
If its a Chicago vs. St. Louis Event, I would say the race should be held at Cordova if at all possable. I have run at all the tracks you guys are talking about and if prepped properly Cordova is as good or better than any of them and its about the same drive from both citys. I might even make the treck up from Tampa to race with my old friends back in Chicago...

Users who are viewing this thread