What to scale?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
So I started the WOT part of my tuning today and it's obvious I'm going to need to scale things. My load is maxed by 3300rpm and my MAF counts are around 630 at the same RPM. I want to bring the load down so I can control it at the higher RPM.

IIRC I need to scale MAF transfer, engine displacement, manifold displacement, injector break breakpoint, and high and low slope. Am I missing anything?

I'm running a BA3000 MAF. When I wrote the tune I added the injector data for the 1050x's manually then loaded the values for the MAF. It scaled the tune by 40% I think.

This is in a 2004 Cobra.

Last edited:

decipha

Established Member
if you just need more load then simply go kick up the engine size and reduce the spark table load scaling by the inverse of the increase

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
if you just need more load then simply go kick up the engine size and reduce the spark table load scaling by the inverse of the increase
But don't I need to adjust everything to keep it inline? I found one of my tuning books and it mentions needing to adjust engine displacement, manifold volume, and the injector values.

The spark table is already adjusted to have a max load of 1.99. The issue is that I hit that max load early on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread