What to mix with e85?

esonu

Established Member
My tuner said to put in 5ml of premium lubrication oil per gallon of e85. I assumed if I google it I would just find the oil but nothing about it. Does anyone know what I’m supposed to mix. I just emailed the tuner but not sure if I’ll get a reply back this weekend or by Monday. Thanks.

gt347mustang

Established Member
I was hoping this would be about mixing your own high quality e85 with ms109 or something.

I know my local track mixed top lube in woth e98. Sorry, i cant help with your original question.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
My tuner said to put in 5ml of premium lubrication oil per gallon of e85. I assumed if I google it I would just find the oil but nothing about it. Does anyone know what I’m supposed to mix. I just emailed the tuner but not sure if I’ll get a reply back this weekend or by Monday. Thanks.

Seems like old voodoo, I'd say the new consensus is the 15% petrol gets the job done. Once you start mixing unknowns in you're just complicating the situation. A lot of guys myself included run e85+ and never ruined a valve seal. This is with engines used on the reg, engines that sit, race cars, etc. Going to do more harm than good screwing around. If you're really worried duel tune it and run some gas now and then.

P.S. what's the car, pvc deleted?

esonu

Established Member
I was told e85 is a dry type of gas which doesn’t have lubrication like 91.
This is for a 03 cobra and Catch can is in place of pcv.
Also I do have 91 tune along with e85 for the just incase moments.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Just run e85 as is and as mentioned above run a tank of 91 through it every few tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

stang910

Established Member
I've heard of using mineral oil as an additive. I've never done it because I don't know how much to add and I also don't know how it affects the octane rating.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I've run one tank of 93 in almost 8 years now.....otherwise Texas pump E85 24/7/365. No additives. Car sits for weeks at a time. Plugs, fuel filter immaculate on yearly changes. Fires right up and runs as strong as ever. This motor should have froze up years ago if the ethanol boogie man crap was for real.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My brother was one of the very first to push E85 hard and he always added ‘top end lube’ made for alcohol fuels. Probably not really necessary, but we never had any issues with storage, injectors, pumps, filters.
Plus it smelled better than straight E85.
-J

Hef

Established Member
Just run e85 as is and as mentioned above run a tank of 91 through it every few tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
This is what I would do also. I live in ohio so instead of leaving E85 sit in there all winter, second tune could be for pump gas.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Had my car in Shaun's shop last week for my E85 tune and he recommended Marvel Mystery Oil at the same ratio due to CA E85 being just more alcohols for the other 15% and drying stuff out. I'm a simple guy, Shaun tells me to do something to my Mustang and I do it

Users who are viewing this thread