What to do with my 03 Cobra

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
Well guys...as of right now my 03 cobra is about to hit 30,000 miles, the only mods to the car is the borla stinger catback (soon to be intake & X pipe) and Im trying to figure out what to do with it build wise supercharger/tubro...This car is my DD right now and I will be getting another DD soon. The car will prolly never see the track and most of the racing will be done on the street...Which do you guys think would be best? Turbo? Supercharged? Brands/Kits? Which makes MOAR power? :beer::rockon::banana::pepper:

01tahoe

Established Member
how much power do you want to make? what is your budget? You can get a twin screw for probably around 2 grand but you will need 60# injectors, boost a pump, mafia or sct2400, new clutch and flywheel w/ 26 spline input shaft, cooling mods, irs mods, and tires, etc. Or you could go port with spray but you will still need most of those supporting mods.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Go with a ported unit and supporting mods. With an upper and lower combo you can make 500/500 even on shitty 91 octane. You can get that done for around $2K.

Last edited:

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
I want to make something like 600+ HP...Im going to try and save something like $3k before I start to do everything...I wanna build the motor as well but that will prolly be after I buy the supercharger/tubro kit

RCMPSVT

Established Member
^^^^ then ported is pretty out of the ? for 600. I would 2.3L whipple it or 2.2, 2.4, 2.6 KB but it will def cost u more than 3K for the unit plus supporting mods. U can do 500+ for 2K if u find a slightly used steggy port blower

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
I want to make something like 600+ HP...Im going to try and save something like $3k before I start to do everything...I wanna build the motor as well but that will prolly be after I buy the supercharger/tubro kit

are you talking rear wheel or flywheel?

500RWHP is 575 at the crank.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree about the IRS mods. I'd do them first, or be sure to include them in your project plans. I'd actually more want to put emphasis on supporting mods. Do that right and the bigger power you make won't be as apt to create issues with the motor/drive-train. JMO. Best of luck with your project.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Def need IRS mods (especially bushings) at that power level or you'll just spin and spin, no fun. Sounds like you might need a 2.6 to get what you need in power. A set of twins will make the most power but that might be out of your price range (and mine) :lol1:

Fat-cat

Established Member
Def need IRS mods (especially bushings) at that power level or you'll just spin and spin, no fun. Sounds like you might need a 2.6 to get what you need in power. A set of twins will make the most power but that might be out of your price range (and mine) :lol1:

Bushings wont help you not spin.. I just picked up a 2.2l KB and i have most of the supporting mods already as my port was not enough for me. Put the diff brace on, lower it and put some dr's out back .. then replace stuff when it breaks cause it could never happen lots of guys run big power with stock half shafts .. some break them with stock power so its a guessing game ... and im not going to shell out 1500 bucks for something i don't need yet ... and that may just break on me as well. bushings are good to do if the irs is out .. but seems like allot of work for something that is not needed ... or so allot of people say... some like them some don't its your call

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Bushings wont help you not spin..
Oh I beg to differ, my car could never hook 1st at all until I did all the Delrin control arm bushings. Big difference :thumbsup:

I'm not saying that he shouldn't do DRs and springs because those are very important as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread