Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else - see comment below

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I did some work for a friend of mine, and now have a nice 03 drivetrain in the garage. It's a Stieg 5 blower, bolt ons, and a 26 spline T56 setup. He and I talked about it, and I have a couple of options.

Option 1

I have a nice 00 GT with clean mods. Tasteful looking. Clean new paint and interior. Overall its a very nice car albeit anemic with the 2v. Swap this car... but the value of the car will always be in it's part. If I needed to sell it I would have to part it.

Option 2

Trade/sell the GT for an 03/04 roller. Plop the drivetrain in there and be a happy man with a terminator in his garage

Option 3

Trade the GT and Terminator drivetrain for a running driving higher mileage terminator. They're out there in the lower teens occasionally. This would basically equate to a 6-7k dollar GT + 9k in parts.

Other options include an 03/04 Mach, 99/01 Cobra. Both valid and very possible builds for me. Those I could buy running and driving after I sold the GT.

I'm having a hard time with the idea that the GT just won't be worth what the value of the parts are. It's inevitable I'd have to part it out if I needed to sell it. But it's a really nice car too, so there's that. Luckily I'm not without a car to drive/play with. Just need to figure out the path.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I vote option 2. If you have the drivetrain and it’s in good shape, you did the work so you know it’s going to be right. I wouldn’t hesitate to find a roller and have a nice terminator. I agree with you about swapping into a Gt, the value will never be there for the time and money involve to do the swap.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
2. Or mach 99/01 cobra

Notchback is a very good idea as well

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Something else....
index(25).jpg

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Option 2 if you can find a terminator roller. If not, a Mach 1 or 99/01 Cobra. If the goal is to have a fairly straight forward driver/race car.

If you want to turn that car into a grudge racer/street killer, Fox body all day long.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Option 1. I get to attached to my stuff and don’t like selling stuff. You know the condition of the body interior etc. Plus you can say say you did all the work and surprise people who think it’s a lowly 2V. Post ip a pic of the GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CobraSam

Established Member
I am pretty much just wrapping up my project, which is your option #1. We took everything from an 04 Cobra and swapped it into a 99 GT. Couldn’t be happier. Ya resale will hurt, but resale always hurts when dealing with muscle cars, IMO. If I had to base everything I’ve done with cars on resale, I’d stop messing with Mustangs all together. Point is, don’t let resale stop you.

Users who are viewing this thread