What to do when you aren't close to e85

Quick Strike

Established Member
Like I said. I have had this set up for 10 years. I have the vampire knock retard system the whole time. It has never stepped in to save the day. I think some people just don't know how to tune for Torco and others just wont accept a good alternative to E85 when it is just not in the cards. I wonder who is missing it?

Zemedici

Established Member
Your solution is not a 'good alternative for E85'

its just not. I assure you, your car would pick up power on E85. Your fuel would be cheaper, etc.

And 40 miles is nothing to drive for fuel, just a heads up.

Who's missing what here, exactly? Honest question Strike, how old are you?

Dusten

Established Member
Well, I am still making almost 750 RWHP with all emissions equipment functional at 22.5 lbs boost on 93 octane and 48 oz Torco at close to 102 octane. You could do similar if you wanted. E85 tests closer to 102 depending on how it is tested.

The OP asked for suggestions for what to do when E85 is far away. I gave a reasonable solution and you seem unwilling to accept it as valid. The closest E85 to me is 40 miles and it is on a turnpike. That made E85 a nonstarter for me when I built this engine. This was my reasonable alternative. I am sorry you take it as offensive.

As stated by zemedici, torco is a sketchy alternative. Your tuner has to trust that your mixing it right and always have it available.

If you really want to run e85, buy it by the barrel. It stores well.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
E85 is actually roughly 105-107 octane....

Plus there is added benefits with ethanol, not just higher octane...

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

The lower stoich point (more fuel) and high latent heat energy makes it just naturally cool the charge when it's injected too. Corn juice is the bee's knees.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

THIS!
Definitely not just the octane as E85 has been proven to make as much or more than leaded 116 fuel in several tests.
I have good E85 near me but I’m going to have a 55g drum of Ethanol One R just for big power days. It was around $300 and I think free shipping if I bought 3 drums.
I’ve heard of a few options but anyone have a good solution to the pump on the drum?
-J

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
THIS!
Definitely not just the octane as E85 has been proven to make as much or more than leaded 116 fuel in several tests.
I have good E85 near me but I’m going to have a 55g drum of Ethanol One R just for big power days. It was around $300 and I think free shipping if I bought 3 drums.
I’ve heard of a few options but anyone have a good solution to the pump on the drum?
-J
Where are you buying it from?

Blown38

Established Member
Here is the 30 gallon drum compared to the 5 gal jug and a 55 gal drum. The 30s fit in the back of my excursion so it works.

The pump I use to transfer from the drum to the jugs in the pic also.
20211014_112504.jpg

Last edited:

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Where did ypu get free shipping. I would buy 3 drums at a time then.
THIS!
-J

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I think the 30 would be easier to transport around. In Wyoming I can transport using drums. Just can't have more than 119 Gallon in any container.

Here is the 30 gallon drum compared to the 5 gal jug and a 55 gal drum. The 30s fit in the back of my excursion so it works.

The pump I use to transfer from the drum to the jugs in the pic also.View attachment 1723841

Zemedici

Established Member
call the fuel mfrs direct - they'll have a network of dealers / distributors that are local to you, or they will have a way to get it to you, rest assured

ignite racing or VP Racing

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Wyoming?! Damn I am sorry. Alt fuel app shows locations and there is some in Cheyenne and Laramie, used to be some in the shithole of Gillette. I have 2 barrels that I send out with a buddy passing through to refill with e85. And I ordered 2 barrels of vp e85 this year to blend as some of the pump came up to only e60. We don’t have any pump e85 in Montana so it’s a little rough. I am doing a flex fuel this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
What barrels do you fill up and where did you get them?
Wyoming?! Damn I am sorry. Alt fuel app shows locations and there is some in Cheyenne and Laramie, used to be some in the shithole of Gillette. I have 2 barrels that I send out with a buddy passing through to refill with e85. And I ordered 2 barrels of vp e85 this year to blend as some of the pump came up to only e60. We don’t have any pump e85 in Montana so it’s a little rough. I am doing a flex fuel this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

nxhappy

Established Member
switch tune to 95 or 98 octane, run Torco with each tank. Done.

nxhappy

Established Member
Can't get those here either would be special order. Same as e85.

91 at the pump is highest I have seen in 45 min radius

e85 is obviously out. That leaves Torco, Meth kit, or 91 tune. Torco is super simple, ships to your door. One small can, add one can per tank. And bam, you got 97 octane. I used Torco on my GT500, zero issues. TVS blower and small pulley, 91 octane.

Users who are viewing this thread