What to do when you aren't close to e85

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
So I ended up moving and I have no close e85 stations...th nearest is 3 hours away.
I have tunes for 93 octane but I have been running e85 for 3 years now and I see no point in returning to 93. Lol

For you guys who use e85 and don't have a station close what do you do? Order a 55 gal drum? Can you call and order some from somewhere if I get an tank? Do you buy cans a fill them and transport back and forth

Just looking for some ideas

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

stang910

Established Member
I have seven 5 gallon VP racing gas tanks that I drive 2 hrs to fill. My car only get 1k-2k miles a year so it works for me. I do have methanol injection as well for those 93 fill ups.

zredfire04

Established Member
even a 55 gallon drum is only good for a few fill ups. in this case i'd just switch to 93. my sub 500rwhp setup is already traction limited...

dwest731

Established Member
I have a bulk farm style tank I got that could be a solution for you. It’s like this but I got it used and saved a ton compared to what they sell for new. I don’t use it for car fuel but don’t see why it couldn’t be. Maybe find a distributor to fill it for you bulk.

zredfire04

Established Member
could get a fuel tank on a trailer. farmers around here use them to bring fuel to equipment in the field.

maybe i need to try some 888s lol

efnfast

Established Member
I would check w/ your insurance policy - sometimes storing that amount of fuel will result in them voiding your claims.

olympic

Established Member
Filling a 55 gallon drum at a gas station isn't legal and neither is transporting it on the highway or storing it on your property in most cities.

If you own a truck, a slip tank is a legal, safe solution but you're only suppose to fill them at bulk fueling stations that have the proper grounding wire for the slip tank (to prevent static sparks). Sometimes you can buy a used slip tank for next to nothing.

sliptanksmall.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
even a 55 gallon drum is only good for a few fill ups. in this case i'd just switch to 93. my sub 500rwhp setup is already traction limited...
There is no way I'd ever want to switch back to 93. I've been running E70-E85 for probably 5-6 years.

21psi and 23* timing vs 17psi and 17* timing is night and day difference.

Op:

I've thought about this scenario if it happens to me. I would probably travel a good distance and fill up as many vp racing jugs that I could fit in my truck.

Although, I don't put many miles on my car a year. I would probably have a 55 gallon drum or two shipped to my shop.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Since you moved, I'm assuming Chicago is where you used to be. If not, I'm 80min away from you and have numerous E85 stations around me. I'd be willing to bet there's more to my south around the WI-IL border in the Pleasant Prairie/Kenosha area. Sure cuts down on that 3-hour drive.

Dusten

Established Member
I have seven 5 gallon VP racing gas tanks that I drive 2 hrs to fill. My car only get 1k-2k miles a year so it works for me. I do have methanol injection as well for those 93 fill ups.
I couldn't do it.

2000 miles is 250 gallons. If I move away from e85 I'm going back to 92

03' White Snake

Established Member
I have 8 VP cans, worth it 100%. I have 3 stations within 30 mins of me, so it’s not a big deal to use VP cans.

My buddy fills a 55 gallon tank in his enclosed trailer and stores it in the garage at home. He is about an hr away from the pump.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Peoria to WYOMING. I called everyone local and they don't know what e85 is. Casper is a bigger town and two race shops told me the 3 stations I could get it at. I just need to transport it.

I'll have to check on the insurance policy. I guess I could call my place a small farm. I have a pasture so it might be different
Since you moved, I'm assuming Chicago is where you used to be. If not, I'm 80min away from you and have numerous E85 stations around me. I'd be willing to bet there's more to my south around the WI-IL border in the Pleasant Prairie/Kenosha area. Sure cuts down on that 3-hour drive.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
What kind of tank and is it legal to fill at a station
I have 8 VP cans, worth it 100%. I have 3 stations within 30 mins of me, so it’s not a big deal to use VP cans.

My buddy fills a 55 gallon tank in his enclosed trailer and stores it in the garage at home. He is about an hr away from the pump.

Users who are viewing this thread