What to do......what to do...

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I took my car in Monday to get it's 20K maintenance done albeit early @ 18,500mi. I need to get ready for my cross country trip so all is well, or so I thought. The morning after our SoCal cruise I found a puddle of oil under the diff and oil all over my tail pipes. I had my diff resealed by Ford not to long ago so I add this to the workorder figuring it wouldn't take long since it was done same day last time..... I was wrong!

They called me later Monday afternoon telling me it'll take another day since they have to drop the entire IRS to accomplish the job :shrug: I don't stress since I want it done right and I've never dealt with this particular dealership before.

Tues afternoon I stop by to check on their progress and... they don't have a lot of techs so they say stop by late wed afternoon. I ask if they've found anything so far and they say yes. THey said whoever sealed my leak last time did so by just by smearing silicone on the outside of the diff trying to cover the real cause of the leak. :eek: :gt: They said the oil level didn't drop to a point that real damage should have occured to the gears but the inspection will proceed tomorrow.

So I have a non-SVT dealership telling me that a SVT dealer intentionally did false labor to my car. I rechecked the invoice from the previous work and they documented inpecting my gears, replacing the gasket, sealant etc... a now apparant fraud. So back to the title, what to do now...

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
I'd let it go if they're going to fix it with all your mods on there, especially considering she's been flogged at the track. JMO.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Thats a great idea...
Think u took it to *_alpin, right :shrug:

They are acting a bit weird lately on some members. :bash:

Sorry for the trouble but it was nice :burnout:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Smearing silicone on the outside...Tsk, tsk, tsk...
I handed the shop a tube of Permatex Ultra Black when I swapped gears...
I would have a good long talk with the head tech @ _alpin...
Let them know SoCalBlk03 is not a Terminator to be fooled with...

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I'd let it go if they're going to fix it with all your mods on there, especially considering she's been flogged at the track. JMO.

Trust me I'm not trying to get upset with the service dept that is currently working on the car. But it just burns my shorts that the previous service dept did this to me. OBTW it wasn't _alpin but the other service dept in the AV, _ntelope _alley _ord. And to add to my anxiety it's looking like we'll be going to day 4, so just how long should this take... :(

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I would let them fix it as well and then call SVT and blow the whistle on the dealer that screwed you.

BAD03SVT

Established Member
i have found non svt dealers are easier to work with. my buddy here in town works for one and said he can do whatever there, with whatever mods.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Whew...My faith in _alpin has been restored...

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
I'd just get it fixed, and avoid the slimy dealer. I figure that by the time I decide to completely void my warranty (KB) I'll have been to every slimy dealer anyway, and it won't matter.

stang99

Dude! You have the best warranty that I have ever heard of. Let the new dealership fix the problem and forget about it. I was at LACR today, and I couldn't touch your times so you have a seriously fast 03 and Ford has fixed it repeatedly. Sounds as if it is all good for you since you admit racing the car and even a fool could see that it has a lot of mods. You're my warranty poster child since they keep fixing your car for free. Now, if I could just get some of your 60' times, I'd be a happy racer.
As for Ford service, and mechanical service in general, for that, matter, I think most of us older folks have had our share of mixed experiences both good and bad. The best that you can hope for is to find someone that really cares about the quality of their work and is responsible for their work.
Hope you get the car back on the road, since your car is really fast and it sounds great too.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Shadowgray03
I would let them fix it as well and then call SVT and blow the whistle on the dealer that screwed you.

Sounds like a plan. I'm just a little antsy since I'm leaving in 7 days. My car didn't get finshed today after all either. I'm starting to go through withdrawl too :lol: . I'll never complain about warranty work but genuine bad maintenance is fair game ;-)

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
If there is one thing that I have found out from calling svt and ford's customer service it is THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT!

/vent

Users who are viewing this thread