What tires to go with ?

olympic

Established Member
I'm happy with my Toyo Proxes TQ in 315/35R17 at 700 HP. Hooks second gear no problem as long as it's not cold out.

03venomdsg

Established Member
I had an order for r888r since June through summit. Was supposed to ship on dec 20. FAIL. Second delay. Discount got the 275/35/18 fronts and 315/30/18 rears and they should be here by Wednesday. Little shorter sidewall but wanted the same brand for all 4. I have run nitto NT01 on both the cobra and my scca ranger and had wheel hop with both so trying the toyo this go around

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Running this exact combo and you can't even notice the difference in the rear I'm on a 10 wide wheel though.

Oops running 305/35 not 315/30 misread your post.

Marvin9075

Established Member
looks like the r888r or the Hoosier drag radials posted in this chat earlier. Kinda leaning towards these Hoosier drag radials . Still have to wait for these deep dish cobra wheels to come back into stock . Any one interested in my Rovos ? I can post picks .

robvas

Established Member
looks like the r888r or the Hoosier drag radials posted in this chat earlier. Kinda leaning towards these Hoosier drag radials . Still have to wait for these deep dish cobra wheels to come back into stock . Any one interested in my Rovos ? I can post picks .
American Muscle has the 17x10.5 Cobra wheels on closeout for like $119?

I want a pair of 17x9's

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Running this exact combo and you can't even notice the difference in the rear I'm on a 10 wide wheel though.

Oops running 305/35 not 315/30 misread your post.

I am on 305s now, wanted to buy the same but discount had some 315s so I went for it. Changing out whole wheel setup from the cobra Rs to welds

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Marvin9075

Established Member
American Muscle has the 17x10.5 Cobra wheels on closeout for like $119?

I want a pair of 17x9's
yeah i just saw that … unfortunately I want the deep dish ones on the rear and they can’t be found anywhere right now

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
M&H Racemaster drag radials. IMO the best radial on the street.

Have had: M&H, M/T, and R888 on the same cobra.

fivelitrecobra

Established Member
MT makes an ET Street R, has a little better contact patch than the regular ET Street SS. I was pleased with them for street use and they did great at the track. You definitely do not want to get caught in rain or on wet roads with them, it can get sketchy in a hurry. M&H Racemaster is also a good, solid, sticky tire.

cobracide

Established Member
What 315/35/R17 are you guys using for daily driver? They stopped making my go to tire - DS-G3s and the 315/35/R17 selection has gone way downhill. Need good rain traction and good wear rate. Some Nittos can be iffy in the rain and they never seem to last long.

Marvin9075

Established Member
Luckily this car never comes out on the rain so I can go with whatever works best
I ran 4 set of mickey Thompson ET streets before trying these Hoosiers. And on my car, the Hoosier drag radial hands down is better than the ET streets. No question in my mind

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
getting a set soon as my wheels can be ordered … is there a big difference with the 335/35 or should I just stick with the recommended 315 /35 ?

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
What 315/35/R17 are you guys using for daily driver? They stopped making my go to tire - DS-G3s and the 315/35/R17 selection has gone way downhill. Need good rain traction and good wear rate. Some Nittos can be iffy in the rain and they never seem to last long.
I've always used drag radials, so I haven't paid attention to the changing market. It's unfortunate.

If I had to, I would run these:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...SPORTPS2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

If you have or can make the room, these would be a good choice.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Luckily this car never comes out on the rain so I can go with whatever works best

getting a set soon as my wheels can be ordered … is there a big difference with the 335/35 or should I just stick with the recommended 315 /35 ?

what I've found is you really need to look at the measurements on the manufacturer's website. The difference in actual width vs the size on the tire varies much more than I would have ever thought.

They'll also give you the acceptable range of wheel sizes along with the ideal wheel size

04OWwhipple

Established Member

I personally have 315/35/17 on my car. I'm unsure if the 335's would run or not.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

robvas

Established Member
I have the 555G2 on right now. Spin city until third gear. Makes me sad when another car wants to play at legal speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread