What tire size is good for my truck?

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Truck is a 03 Lighting with the stock 295/45/18. I am buying a set of 20x9 wheels for the front and 20x12 for the rear. What tire has an aggressive performance tread and will look good with these new rims? How wide of a tire can I get on the back? I want a side wall that handle some spirited driving. No winter or rain for the either. Its purely a toy.

Thanks guys.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Truck is a 03 Lighting with the stock 295/45/18. I am buying a set of 20x9 wheels for the front and 20x12 for the rear. What tire has an aggressive performance tread and will look good with these new rims? How wide of a tire can I get on the back? I want a side wall that handle some spirited driving. No winter or rain for the either. Its purely a toy.

Thanks guys.

That's going to be an awesome set up!

You can stuff a 315/35-20 on the rear. This is assuming the offset on the wheel is correct and the vehicle has not been lowered. For the front, the best size would be a 275/40-20.

You are limited in tire choice, however, Yokohama builds the Advan ST in both the 315 and 275 size. This tire will fulfill everything you are looking for.

We can certainly special order these tire for you.

Details:Yokohama Advan ST

Users who are viewing this thread