What the hell UCA is this? Is this an OEM mount?

Kornilov

Established Member
Fella's

The previous owner on my car installed some hinky UCA with a 'donkey dick' bump stop I've never seen before. Can anyone confirm who makes this UCA. Also can anyone tell if the mount is the OEM mount? It looks like the OEM mount, but Im not 100% certain:

SDC10943.jpg

SDC10944.jpg

Kornilov

Established Member
Awesome! Thank you. I tried googling 2011 Mustang UCA with bump stop and nothing of interest came up.

Thanks again.

Kornilov

Established Member
Actually,

You are right on the arm, but I don't believe its a CHE mount:

CHE2Tb.jpg

I suspect its an OEM mount. Google shows that the OEM mounts have a green paint dot from the factory on the single mounting hole going up to the rear seat area. I didnt look that close, but next time Im under the car, I'll try to take a closer look to verify. From my photos, the mount looks very much like the shape of the OEM mount (the ears around the two mounting holes for the arm).

I wonder if there will be worthwhile benefit to putting an aftermarket mount on there if it is in fact currently the OEM mount.

I wonder if getting an aftermarket mount to go with the arm would be worth it?

Nuar

Established Member
No problem :)
As far at the mount, it does look oem.
I am not entirely sure if you would really benefit from changing the mount, I will let someone more in the know how chime in on that one.
I would assume that as long as you can get the propper angle setup and there is no clunking coming from the upper control arm, you should be fine.

Word of advice though. I would keep a close eye on that control arm. CHE is not a really well known manufacturer as far as i know. Whiteline is and they had some quality issues with their upper control arm.
You will most likely be 100% fine, i would just check it once in a while, that's all.

Kornilov

Established Member
As far at the mount, it does look oem.
I am not entirely sure if you would really benefit from changing the mount, I will let someone more in the know how chime in on that one.
I would assume that as long as you can get the propper angle setup and there is no clunking coming from the upper control arm, you should be fine.

Word of advice though. I would keep a close eye on that control arm. CHE is not a really well known manufacturer as far as i know. Whiteline is and they had some quality issues with their upper control arm.
You will most likely be 100% fine, i would just check it once in a while, that's all.

Thanks for the heads up - I actually have a UPR arm and mount that I got lightly used from a local guy that traded his car in. The UPR piece looks a lot more quality than the CHE and is going to be going in there.

rdplain

Established Member
OP, reach up there and tighten that rear jam nut, it looks like it is completely loose.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

LOL. CHE has been around for quite some time and makes a quality product.

Nuar

Established Member
Well there you go, I added as far as i know, didn't I?
definitelly not well known on 11-14 mustangs.

Kornilov

Established Member
OP, reach up there and tighten that rear jam nut, it looks like it is completely loose.

Dude!

You werent kidding - that ****er was in fact completely loose. I reach up and tightened it with my hand. Im planning on switching this piece out with the UPR arm and mount, but I wont get the change for another couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread