What tester are you guys using?

gt347mustang

Established Member
Just as the title states. What ethanol tester are you guys using? How do you like it? (accuracy, ease of use, cost)

I want to know when my local station goes from winter to summer blend. When i asked the clerk, she looked at me like i was high on crack.

rfiresnake

Established Member
is that for one use or multi? How does it work as far as giving you a reading? summits site just didnt have alot of info ( at least that i could find )

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
so we can use that over and over agin then right? not a one time use thing. I will order my right now. thanks john

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
so we can use that over and over agin then right? not a one time use thing. I will order my right now. thanks john
Yes. It's nothing more than a glass tube with a sticker on the side. But the lines on the stocker have been marked for that glass container to measure Eathanol content.

You just keep reusing it over and over again.

GodStang

Established Member
Yep I used mine 3 times in a row to test the other day. Only problem is no way to tell how accurate it is. I came up 3 times with around E93. The sample could of been tainted and been off but no way of telling. I find it hard to believe that in Jan., well in any month, the Fuel would be E93 unless they are trying to cheat customers by diluting the gasoline with Ethyl Alcohol. I figure E93 would be cheaper to make then E85.

BruceH

Established Member
So far I'm always at 79 or 80%. I monitor fuel trims while I drive and they are pretty stable at the 10.2 stoich in my tune.

For comparison trims bounce around more with 92 pump. I have the stoich set at 14.1 for it since all our pumps say up to 10% ethanol.

IMG_0745.jpg

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i tested my fuel last night and it's at E89
this was purchased 6 weeks ago and has been stored in a sealed drum, what gives?

Users who are viewing this thread