What Strut Tower Brace to Use with Termi Swap

9Terminator6

Banned
i have a 96 cobra with a terminator swap. I am trying to figure out what strut tower brace will fit on this bad boy. FYI......stock eaton and also has MM Camber Plates! Thanks :shrug:

Mustang Matt

Established Member
Let me know if you're successful. I've done quite a bit of hood modification in the past, but the 96-98 Cobra hood has the main supports right in the way. I would be really leary of how much would have to be cut. Most cowl hoods would clear with no issues however. The 03-04 hood is a bit taller and they moved the main supports out of the way.

9Terminator6

Banned
let me know if you're successful. I've done quite a bit of hood modification in the past, but the 96-98 cobra hood has the main supports right in the way. I would be really leary of how much would have to be cut. Most cowl hoods would clear with no issues however. The 03-04 hood is a bit taller and they moved the main supports out of the way.

well i did have to cut the hood for the throttle body to clear. (i believe it was the tb) but i will see what i can do and give you a heads up.

Mustang Matt

Established Member
It was the IAC and that's just a little notch compared to what you'll need to pull out for the hood to clear. :)

I wonder if you could cut the bracing out and then re-enforce the hood again some way. I hope you figure it out, because I would love to have a STB again!

Mustang Matt

Established Member
Here's the best comparison I could find:

167834_183167521711234_100000539614133_571401_5069789_n.jpg

020-1.jpg

It's the big thick bracing that's in the way.

IMG_3019.jpg

On my car, I've got a JLT Cold air intake tube that it wouldn't fit around either.

Last edited:

9Terminator6

Banned
Yeah it is that bracing i cut a good amount but its still barley hitting. Maybe if i start griding that specific area down it will do me good. Thanks ill get back to you guys

autumnstang97

gigidy
Established Member
Did you get the strut tower brace to fit?

I'm curious, will the brace bolt to the pre existing strut tower brace holes?

Im in the process of the swap. I hoping to be done by Dec this year.

Im using an aftermarket hood so I wont have to cut into anything. I looking for a strut tower brace. since my 97GT is a 'vert, I need anything and everything to keep the chassis flex to a minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread