What Springs?

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
What lowering springs should I use on a stock 93 Mustang GT. I like it low, but I don't want it super slammed, but would like to reduce some of the gap between the wheels and the fenders.

Getting ready to do a 5 lug conversion, with a built 8.8" rearend, and 17x8" wheels on 275/40/17's.

I would like to stay away from wheel rub issues if possible.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I used frpp "c" springs with all new iso's on all 4 corners. I also cut one and 3/4 coils off the rears to make it level. Ride was VERY stiff but handle incredibly. My longtubes sat pretty low to the ground. do you have shorty headers?
heres a video walk around i made of it for the guy i sold it to a couple months ago. i have some pics but not on this computer. ill post them up later tonight.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soUJncSdu7A"]YouTube- My 93 347stroker w/tko600 being shipped to new owner[/ame]

bdenham

04 Cobra
Established Member
H&R race

I had H&R race springs on my Cobra and loved the way they sat and just bought them for a 92 GT. I'm installing them this sunday and will post pics so you can see how they loo.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

MFE

Established Member
Coilovers in front, adjustable LCA's in the rear. Set ride height to your heart's content, and change front rates cheaply and easily.

blownfox

Established Member
I have steeda sport spring and like them a lot.

ShortThrow50

Who built your 347 and what cam were you running. I'm getting on through woody at ford strokers and he is installing his stage one cam.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
If you just want a little lower for looks with similiar to stock ride quality go with the Motorsport 'B' Springs.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
I am happy with the Eibach pro-kit on my '91 Notch. I can tell you it is much stiffer than stock, but I also have all poly bushings so that might add a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread