What springs to use with Viking DA shocks?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I currently have H&R race springs (new upper & lower poly isos installed) with my DA rear shocks.

According to Vikings instructions they recommend softer compression for the street than they do for drag racing. Don't quite understand that one.

Here is what Viking's recommends in their instructions.
Street: 0 - 3 compression; 2 - 5 rebound
(600-900 HP) 2 - 6 compression; 6 - 12 rebound

The problem is with compression set that low the rear ride height is too low. Instructions say not to manipulate the settings to adjust ride height. I currently have compression set to 3 and rebound set to 6 on the street. At 2 on compression the rear wheels rub. My fenders are rolled. I have yet to run my setup on the track.

I'm thinking I need to install a spring with less of a drop. Maybe even an OEM coupe spring?

Thoughts?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Viking has a newer DA coil-over as well. I have the older double adjustable rear shock

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the stock springs in mine still with the Vikings but I have a feeling I didn't have enough compression because I wasn't getting any weight transfer to the rear. I just put in new k member with Lakewood 90/10's and upr caster cambers and front springs

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I'm seriously leaning towards a viking coil-over. Who has used them and what spring rate did you get?

jwcobra03

Established Member
Troy, i spoke with Kelly at BMR and he suggested 6 on compression and 9 rebound. I settled on 5 and 8. I have the h&r race springs and warrior setup. Seems to do pretty well but i only tried it on the street. My car isn't making a lot of power though, at 630rwhp and Mickey et street r's.

Users who are viewing this thread