What springs to run?

blacknbluecobra

Sprayed and Dismayed
Established Member
I bought an 04 cobra back in july. The car has aftermarket springs in it already. The car has a really good stance,but that's about it. I took the car to the track about 3 wks after I bought it and my 60' times were horrid and the car spun violently. I ran with my 18'' saleens with et street and my pro stars with 555rs with pretty close to the same 60' times. I know the 18s have no side wall or give and the 555rs are pretty much useless from past experience. I recently bought a set of coil overs for the front and the car has upr upper and lowers. I plan to switch those out with my baseline upper and lowers. I'm also going 90/10s or strange 10 ways on the front. Just curious as to what springs you guys are having luck with?

Tractionless1

Established Member
Many owners who have installed coilovers have removed them, they are HARSH on the street. I've 1.51 60'd my car with OE cut fronts, steeda sport rears, Lakewood 70/30 front, and QA1 singles out back on 16" slicks and skinnies. Launching at only 3k on a ported eaton, IE there's an even better short time in it. FYI I don't have any of those pricey FTBR pieces either.

weaselp1

Established Member

FTBR = full tilt boogie racing - they sell IRS bushings, bumpsteer kits and other IRS parts and brake parts for the cobra and other mustangs. I got the FTBR bushing kit in my cobra. It is a really nice kit, eliminated my wheel hop after it was installed. Car stays planted through the corners better also.

Users who are viewing this thread