What speed to set Porter Cable

darkshadow03

Established Member
Well this is all new to me and I don't want to mess my paint up!
I plan on using SSR 2.5;Red Macine Moose Glaze and finally by hand I'll put some Canauba Moose wax. Is this the right direction? any tips would Be appreciated. :beer: Thanks Robbie

Last edited:

spree

Established Member
the hardest part about learning how to use the PC is learning how to control it while it spins. You won't damage your paint unless you decide to drop the machine on the hood or something like that.

With SSR2.5, you'll want to use a cutting or polishing pad, spritz it with a little bit of quick detail spray, start off the PC at 3 to get the product over the surface you're working on, and slowly start cranking it up to about 5-6 until the product virtually disappears.

With RMG, you'll want to use a polishing or finishing pad, and work it in at a speed of about 3.

With CMW....well, I'd do that by hand.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Should you really do it until it disappears?? That could be up to 5-10 min and could leave you running the pad w/no product on the paint. Spree, what do you think??

spree

Established Member
cobravenom39 said:
Should you really do it until it disappears?? That could be up to 5-10 min and could leave you running the pad w/no product on the paint. Spree, what do you think??

until it almost disappears, not completely disappears :p

Scott P

Established Member
I work the SSR until it pretty much dusts up. I then wipe with a towel. Work the RMG until you see it start to clarify a bit. Then a light wipe of the MF towel is all you'll need to take it off.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I use mine up to 5, if I crank her up to six it will jetison my pad off the velcro backing plate...

Users who are viewing this thread