What smaller issues do you guys currently have?

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
What 'special' tools are needed for T45 rebuild? Or the ones that make to job go easier.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Not sure they're needed, but besides a bearing splitter, I bought a few of the Ford service adapters to install the bearings and races, a tool to install the tob guide tube, and a specific tool to remove the 5th/reverse cluster (supposedly this can be done with a drift and just working it off, but the tool simply pulls it off). Will need a few pieces of round tubing to press a couple of bearings on, but that should be it and a lot cheaper and easier to find than the service tools for those tasks.

DaveWertz

Established Member
Wiper cowl. Found a local salvage yard that has a few so I picked one up. Cleaned it real good and repainting it. Other than that my only other problem is not enough power haha

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Left turn signal failure inside of the switch, backup light needs replaced, AC not working, driver side mirror shaking, cd player just recently quit, there's more little stuff I'm forgetting. The problem is I often pick up other upgrades that take all my time and energy and never get around to the smaller things.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Left turn signal failure inside of the switch, backup light needs replaced, AC not working, driver side mirror shaking, cd player just recently quit, there's more little stuff I'm forgetting. The problem is I often pick up other upgrades that take all my time and energy and never get around to the smaller things.

Ignore the blinker. If you wait long enough, it will fix itself like mine did, lol. I dealt with it for like THREE years because I was lazy and it wasn't that big a deal. I finally went to replace it and it started working everytime, perfectly.

That's pretty lazy, replace that. It won't start working by itself haha.

The aftermarket mirrors take about 10 minutes to replace. You don't need to take the whole door panel off if you're sneaky.

Mine will die for mentioning this, but mine works great still. So does the tape deck. They will both obviously fail tomorrow. Ugh.

For my car:

1. Stupid rubber thing on the turn signal housing coming off.

2. Driver's side window decided to stop working, pulled it all apart and cleaned the motor. Works perfectly now. However, the passenger side window for jealous and quit working literally right then. MF!

3. Very top needs to be adjusted. Driver's side window wont clear the top. I can't find anything on doing it and I don't want to break anything.

Probably need an alignment. I swapped out struts/shocks six months ago and I have a tire with slightly uneven wear. Tires are close to done so I'll do that when I replace the tires.

Users who are viewing this thread