What size stall are you running?

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
When I first put my stall in it was too tight. On the trans brake it would only stall up to around 3k and that really wasn't high enough to build boost. Well I restalled it and now I think it might be too loose. When I put it on the brake it stalls to 4k but when the turbo spools it goes up to 5k. It spools the turbo very quickly now but I think it might be too loose. What does everyone else converter stall to on the brake and after the turbo spools what does it go up to?

modmotormark

Established Member
Don't know where mine stalls to. Nvr let it go that far. My two-step stops it.

Yours sounds about right to me. Just run it and see what your Rpm's are vs mph. Then you can decide what to do.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Don't know where mine stalls to. Nvr let it go that far. My two-step stops it.

Yours sounds about right to me. Just run it and see what your Rpm's are vs mph. Then you can decide what to do.

Thats what I'm going to do first. I'm going to run it and see if its slipping to much. It might need to be tightened up just a tad bit, like 400 rpms or so but not too much. When I foot brake it, it goes to about 3k then it will start to spin the tires but once I apply the Tbrake it goes to 4k and when boost comes in all the way up to 5k.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Mine on the foot brake would just start spinning the tires. On the trans brake it would shoot up to around 3600-3700 and start building boost and shoot up to around 5000. I used my 2 step to limit it for launch.

2003 Turbo Cobra Transbrake - Car Videos on StreetFire
Yours is a little bit tighter then mine. That 3600 rpms on the Tbrake would be just about perfect. but mine starts at 4k on the Tbrake. lol Might need to tighten it up just a little bit. What 2 step are you using?

Last edited:

C666

Established Member
My converter will move the car at 1k Foot brake to 4k and flash to 5-6k (depending on peak boost) and calculates at 5% slippage out the back door at 154mph

modmotormark

Established Member
My converter will move the car at 1k Foot brake to 4k and flash to 5-6k (depending on peak boost) and calculates at 5% slippage out the back door at 154mph

What gear do you run and what Rpm's do you go thru the traps at

Thanks

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Well I had the stall tightened up and before it trapped 107mph @16lbs of boost in the 1/8th after it trapped 113mph on the same boost and tune. So it is a hell of a lot better now.

Users who are viewing this thread