What should I pay for this raptor????

03mgtermi

Established Member
One of the worst dealer experiences I ever had was when I wanted to buy a new truck using X plan. Unfortunately, I also had a very nice truck I wanted to trade. The dealer stated that because I was buying the new truck at X plan pricing they could only offer me wholesale for my trade. I asked them how they could justify using an incentive that I was eligible for because of where I worked as an excuse for ripping me off on a trade. They said "Don't even go there" and I said "I won't, I'm going right out the door" and got up and left.:mj:

i commend you for not letting them walk all over you like that. your comment has me concerned, however, i was planning on using the x-plan pricing from my employer to purchase a 2011 superduty. hope they aren't dicks to me, my trade isn't much though and will probably sell private party anyway.

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
Stupidity creates your fortune or lack there of!:idea:

So does math. Two 350 car payments and a 300 credit card bill every month, would equal 1000 in savings every month per family. Add this to normal retirement and other savings per month one would find its not hard to build cash funds to pay for things you want. Even expensive things.

Excellent advice.

Here are a few more suggestions:

Keep your Cobra, use the extra money that would have gone to the truck payment and pay the Cobra off early. Then save until you can pay cash for the truck.

Sell the Cobra, buy a beater, and save until you can pay cash for the truck.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Dealers no not use nada KBB or edmunds they use Galves you have to buy the subscription and they get a new book every month to update prices. Trust me Galves is going to be a lot lower then any of the other pricing guides.

SixtiesIron

Established Member
Book value meaningless, DO NOT TRADE IN!

rexisme, i have bought/sold cars, independent (Sixties Iron) and for companies, those book values don't mean anything. I have over 6 methods of valuation for a given vehical, and those 'books' you mentioned are all worthless. There is a real 'book' but you don't have access to it. trade-in value is dealer only auction price or below, you however do not have access to the database of avaerage used car auctions per region per model, like dealers do. those of you here would be floored to see the inside of a dealer only auction, everyone is their first time.

There is a reason dealers stay in busniess, we'er the best, that's why we work as car dealers/salespeople, the not so good ones don't last long, the ones that can make a net profit off you and maximize it will be around a long time.

ok, all that being said, Sell that cobra yourself. nobody should EVER trade-in (one exception to avoid hassel cuz you can afford it). you just gave away the difference between what the dealer gave you and what the true retail is.

To think it is an advantage to roll that amount into another vehical, indicates you cannot afford the new vehical. The sales person knows this and doesn't care that you'll get repo'd within a year or 2 their money is made off another sucker, err ah, i mean customer,.. lol

In defence of car dealers and sales people, they provide a service to you, they absorb risk. you do not have the skills or money to buy/sell cars, like the dealership/salesman, so you need them, if not go buy a raptor on ebay or craigslist,.. thought so,. you 'NEED' them to provide variety, service, information, risk mitigation.

In the auction they use superhuman skillz of valuation and perception with decades of experience to buy the correct vehicals,.. and sometimes get bad ones,esp pre-owned.. if you buy this car their surety bond takes care of you, buy from private owner, your assed out, that's the main reason to pay the mark up at a dealer, it's like insurance,..

ok i could go on and on about the workings of the 3 tier auto sales/resales system in america, but I'll stick to the point:

Sell the cobra yourself, to a private person. What your cobra is worth, is what the highest interested party offers you, within a given time frame. book this, book that,.. get it out of your head right now, and forever. Advertise Best offer, make them say a number first(free sales lesson for you) then work them up,.. play them against imaginary other interested parties(lesson 2),..
Sell the car yourself, DO NOT TRADE IN, if you NEED to trade in you cannot afford the raptor, PERIOD.

If you want that cobra sold find someone like me to do it for you, we'll get you more than you can on your own, usually for a couple hundred bucks beer money on the side ;-)

Ernie:rockon:, breaking it down to the mollycule on his lunch break, lol

I am sorry I just fail to see your logic in the pricing of the cobra. Nada trade is at $19550 and kbb trade is at $177xx. Retail is at $23k on both sites, private party is 20-22k and my bank will loan up to $24k on it. I asked for your opinion though so no hard feelings. I guess I'll go bust all 93/03/04 cobra owners bubbles and call the dealerships that have them on their lot for $25k. Btw- got offered $21k on trade toward a Subaru, $19k towards a Mitsubishi but I decided that scene is not for me. Oh and just got an email from the raptor dealer $18k possibly more, have to see in person.

SixtiesIron

Established Member
ok,...

I did a quick 1 stage valuation and have determined that 16-18k is achievable by you for the corba.

18-20 is possible dependent on very specific conditions, records owners, sales area, and all important, sales technique.

so, for sure 18 can be done, np. Now you just need to come up with the other 2k to pay off complete.

now you down to Zero balance, DO YOU STILL HAVE DOWN PAYMENT MONEY? if not save a 1-3 months and go to dealer with some CASH or they gonna POWN you, for going in broke with no car,..lol, DO NOT tell the you ALREADY sold your car, they'll know they got you ;-) don't be a nOOb

go with cash, and with your wife with a advert for a hummer H3-T, The one where they won 4 wheel magazine award,.... lol and have her bad cop that she thinks the raptor is ugly, and it's 'just a ford' not a HUMMER like arnold,... lol might work with good acting,.. worked on me before,... had me eating out his her hand,.. 2 on 1 BIZOT!

ernie

I'll bill you later for the sales lesson and valuation ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread