What should I pay for this raptor????

rexisme

Established Member
Local dealer has a raptor, msrp is $41670 and they added a $700 paint protection package. What do you who have bought raptors think would be fair to pay? I have a 04 cobra with almost 19k miles to trade, I owe roughly $20k on it. I realize I'll flip some of the cobra into the raptor loan but my down payment will fix that.

On edit nada has trade in at $19550 for the cobra but kbb has it for $18k

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
They're going to kill you on the trade. Don't pay for the paint protection crap. I've seen most Raptors go for MSRP or $1000 under.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
how much down do you have?

in 3 to 4 months the 5.4 will have killer deals on them, because of the arrival of the 6.2. with a nice car i assume you dont have to buy right now. just something to think about.
trucks make big money at msrp.
trades make bigger money, dont expect anything near 20 or even 18.

40 for the truck + ttl is 44 otd. if you get 18 on the trade, your looking at a 46k note with no down payment.
38 for the truck + ttl is near 42otd. with a probable 15 or 16 from your trade, your looking at 46 or 47 note with no down payment.

your loan on your car is killing you! and it will not get better with a purchase of a new vehicle!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
how much down do you have?

in 3 to 4 months the 5.4 will have killer deals on them, because of the arrival of the 6.2. with a nice car i assume you dont have to buy right now. just something to think about.

40 for the truck + ttl is 44 otd. if you get 18 on the trade, your looking at a 46k note with no down payment.
38 for the truck + ttl is near 42otd. with a probable 15 or 16 from your trade, your looking at 46 or 47 note with no down payment.

your loan on your car is killing you! and it will not get better with a purchase of a new vehicle!

Yep, owes way too much on that car.

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
Not sure what others are getting, but several dealers in SE Michigan were asking $1,500 over invoice (yes invoice) back in August. The 6.2L might be different for the time being, but I can't see anyone paying over MSRP.

Also, as SID mentioned, don't pay for any "paint protection" hoax. Nothing more then some crap wax.

rexisme

Established Member
I wouldn't really call oweing $20k on a 18k mile 04 cobra really too much. Besides, I was asking what to pay for their truck, not what should I get for my cobra (check nada anyway). If you want to factor in the trade as far as price for the truck, what are you a car salesman? Almost everyone knows that's an old trick they pull. You're suppose to work out the deal on the vehicle you want to buy first and then work out the price on your trade. I was just simply asking because I've seen some people post up incredible deals and then other morons paying msrp. The dealer had had this truck since they came out and it actually has near 100 test drive miles on it.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I wouldn't really call oweing $20k on a 18k mile 04 cobra really too much. Besides, I was asking what to pay for their truck, not what should I get for my cobra (check nada anyway). If you want to factor in the trade as far as price for the truck, what are you a car salesman? Almost everyone knows that's an old trick they pull. You're suppose to work out the deal on the vehicle you want to buy first and then work out the price on your trade. I was just simply asking because I've seen some people post up incredible deals and then other morons paying msrp. The dealer had had this truck since they came out and it actually has near 100 test drive miles on it.

you stated you wanted to trade. so yes i put it in the deal. and yes i think you would have trouble selling your car for 20k or more privately. yes you owe 20k on a used 6 year old car! that is way too much!

as you stated above, i worked out a deal on the truck first! thats why the 2 prices are seperate. and for a used 100 mile raptor i would offer 40 or 41 otd!

if you are still trading i would be surprised if you get 16k for your trade. honest opinion.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I wouldn't really call oweing $20k on a 18k mile 04 cobra really too much.

:dw:

you stated you wanted to trade. so yes i put it in the deal. and yes i think you would have trouble selling your car for 20k or more privately. yes you owe 20k on a used 6 year old car! that is way too much!

as you stated above, i worked out a deal on the truck first! thats why the 2 prices are seperate. and for a used 100 mile raptor i would offer 40 or 41 otd!

if you are still trading i would be surprised if you get 16k for your trade. honest opinion.

And there you have it.

rexisme

Established Member
I am sorry I just fail to see your logic in the pricing of the cobra. Nada trade is at $19550 and kbb trade is at $177xx. Retail is at $23k on both sites, private party is 20-22k and my bank will loan up to $24k on it. I asked for your opinion though so no hard feelings. I guess I'll go bust all 93/03/04 cobra owners bubbles and call the dealerships that have them on their lot for $25k. Btw- got offered $21k on trade toward a Subaru, $19k towards a Mitsubishi but I decided that scene is not for me. Oh and just got an email from the raptor dealer $18k possibly more, have to see in person.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The thing about dealership is that they are businesses, they have to make money. If you want full NADA trade in value (high book) you are going to have to pay full retail (sticker price). If you want to buy at wholesale (invoice) you have to trade at wholesale (low-book).

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i will say it again, but more specifically.

the dealer will make about 5k on a msrp sold raptor!
typically dealer will make 5 to 7k on a used car sale!

in order to make 7k on a 25k mustang svt the dealer has to purchase it for 18 or less.
used car sales are the big money makers on car lots. thats why trade in values are so low!
I guess I'll go bust all 93/03/04 cobra owners bubbles and call the dealerships that have them on their lot for $25k.

back on subject, you can probably find a raptor for 1k over invoice.

michaelm

Established Member
Your car is worth less than you owe.

Why get into more debt.

I pay cash for everything.

Car debt = STUPID

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
Better to owe 20k on the Cobra than 40+K on the Raptor.

How long have you owned your Cobra?

Danl

2 wheel nut job
Established Member
Your car is worth less than you owe.

Why get into more debt.

I pay cash for everything.

Car debt = STUPID

Wish we were all in the position to pay cash. Its not really what I call stupid, just less fortunate. I just saw my first Raptor on the road yesterday. Hard to see out my window with all the slobbering I did.:dancenana:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wish we were all in the position to pay cash. Its not really what I call stupid, just less fortunate. I just saw my first Raptor on the road yesterday. Hard to see out my window with all the slobbering I did.:dancenana:

Stupidity creates your fortune or lack there of!:idea:

So does math. Two 350 car payments and a 300 credit card bill every month, would equal 1000 in savings every month per family. Add this to normal retirement and other savings per month one would find its not hard to build cash funds to pay for things you want. Even expensive things.

blksn8k

Established Member
One of the worst dealer experiences I ever had was when I wanted to buy a new truck using X plan. Unfortunately, I also had a very nice truck I wanted to trade. The dealer stated that because I was buying the new truck at X plan pricing they could only offer me wholesale for my trade. I asked them how they could justify using an incentive that I was eligible for because of where I worked as an excuse for ripping me off on a trade. They said "Don't even go there" and I said "I won't, I'm going right out the door" and got up and left.:mj:

Users who are viewing this thread