What should a new 2019 GT automatic cost?

Stephen4036

Established Member
Hello everyone,

Currently shopping around in the central Florida area for a 19 GT 10 speed. Not really looking for performance pack or recaro options. I find some deals for 33k brand new every so often but I feel like there is still some room here.

With most of the dealers doing the "no haggling" nonsense was wondering what everyone's paying for their 10 speed GT's preferably super base model. Currently looking at one for 32,800 with 0% for 72 as the only real incentive.

Thanks in advance for any info.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
@13COBRA

My understanding is that there is very little wiggle room in a new car. You have MSRP plus rebates (manufacturer and dealer). Its much easier to nail down a price on a new car vs. a used one. I'd think somewhere in the $33K range is about right. When I was shopping for a new 2018 the cheapest I found was a manual for $30K and it was otherwise stripped down basic.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I’ve never paid more then $100 over invoice for any new car I’ve ever bought; my GT500 included (which I paid $300 under invoice). There is plenty of room in new cars, you just need to know the dealer costs and then understand the incentives they get from manufacturer hold back and volume sales. Keep in mind that they do need to make a profit, they can’t stay in business if they’re selling cars at a loss, so once you understand that you can make a decision how much you’re comfortable with and start putting dealers against one another if need be. My dealer sells at slightly above cost and splits the holdback with most buyers (that’s if the car qualifies for holdback).

Contrary to popular belief, Ford factory incentives for the buyer are yours regardless of your negotiated purchase price of the vehicle. They don’t cost the dealer a dime. For example; I ordered my 2018 F150 in March 2018 with an MSRP of $53,400. The incentives at the time were pretty good, they would have brought the price down to about $47,500 plus tax, title and tags had I not negotiated off of MSRP before incentives and just taken them as is. I walked out the door with tax, title and tags included at $46,000 on the button. So it’s important that you negotiate the purchase price off of invoice (dealer cost - holdback) not MSRP - incentives.

I’ve gotten to a point with my dealer where I don’t even have to negotiate. They no I don’t kick tires; I’ve personally bought 5 new cars from them in 15 years and have sent them probably over 10 other sales. They know I’m loyal and they make sure I get their bottom line right away. Find a good dealer and build a relationship, you’ll make out great in the end.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
And 0% for 72 is pretty dam awesome. Anytime you can get the banks money for free it’s a triple win! If you can swing the payments, don’t put a dime down and let the free money work for you. If you have to put money down, put down the absolute minimum. Keep your money every time you can when the banks money is cheap (or free in the case).

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Shoot me a PM with your ideal specs and your zip code. I'll hook you up.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread