What pumps ?

iflybyu

Established Member
went to get my car dyno tuned vmp blower kenne bell boost a pump stock fuel pumps and ran out of fuel pump. The tuner said to get some 435s or higher 2 of them. My question is when I look up pumps they say in tank do I just need 2 of them? Or what I'm lost. Both pumps go in the tank? The same exact pumps? And what do y'all recommend?

MG0h3

Established Member
Id get the 465s if you want to run E85 down the road. Lot of people run them without issue. Yes two pumps. Both in tank. Im a do it once kind of guy so Id switch to return style while youre at it personally. 04sleeper, Malcolmv8, turbovnm are all dealers for Fore.

I never researched staying returnless and upgrading the pumps so not sure what all you can run if you want to go that route.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I have twin 465's in my car. I run 93 and e85. Return style system. Had 405's but they crapped out.

MG0h3

Established Member
Go to fore innovations. Take a look at the level 1e. That will give you an idea of what you need. You can do it for cheaper if you delete their controller. I went through MalcolmV8 on here. I mentioned the other guys who Ive bought stuff from or had tune my car. All solid dudes. I am glad I used Malcolm because I like wiring and he saved me 230 bucks not using their controller.

https://www.foreinnovations.com/product_p/55-601e.htm

iflybyu

Established Member
All the kits pumps are only 340s and I called lethal and they said the 340s are what they suggest. I also looked at vmps page and there kit had 340s and it said it doesn't recommend 405 or 465 because the minimum out put is to much supply for idle and cruising

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
All the kits pumps are only 340s and I called lethal and they said the 340s are what they suggest. I also looked at vmps page and there kit had 340s and it said it doesn't recommend 405 or 465 because the minimum out put is to much supply for idle and cruising
Shouldn't make a difference on a return style set up.

Tuco63

Ok so if I buy 2 walbro 465s what else do I need to buy to make it return style? Fuel hat and what else?

You'll need a regulator and also of course, the hoses and fittings to connect it all up. You'll have to adjust the tune for it, too before you can start it up. 465s are the way to go. They aren't too much pump for E85. I've run them for years.

Users who are viewing this thread