What PSI?

03VenomBite

Established Member
What psi should I have for my rear drag radials at the strip? And is that with a cold or hot tire? I have our local track running one last event on the 25th of Sept. and I have put back knee surgery to go to this and I would like to be able to put my best runs down and I'm trying to get everything just right to do so!:banana:

Thanks

Pete

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I've had better luck with Nittos at almost normal pressure.

They center hump bad when you get too low.

Try around 22 psi and adjust from there.

03VenomBite

Established Member
I've had better luck with Nittos at almost normal pressure.

They center hump bad when you get too low.

Try around 22 psi and adjust from there.

I'm assuming that I would get to the track let the tires cool for a while then air down to the 22?:shrug:

DarkMach1

Established Member
It depends on your track, start at around 24psi and drop in increments of about 2psi. Try to give equal cool down times between runs and be consistant in the burnouts to eliminate errors.

03VenomBite

Established Member
It depends on your track, start at around 24psi and drop in increments of about 2psi. Try to give equal cool down times between runs and be consistant in the burnouts to eliminate errors.

Thanks I think that I'm going to start around there :beer: Ok so a burnout I was told to do a 2nd gear burnout for 10sec, that seems really long and I have never tried a 2nd gear before :shrug: I had been doing 1st gear for about 5 to 7sec any suggestions on that from anyone?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
2nd gear until you start to see good smoke. About 10sec is about right.

Nitto says the tires only need to be about 100° but most find that hotter is better.

03VenomBite

Established Member
2nd gear until you start to see good smoke. About 10sec is about right.

Nitto says the tires only need to be about 100° but most find that hotter is better.

Wow 2nd gear :burnout:, ok I'll try it. I wont get to drive the car until next spring anyways so I will just order new tires this winter!

Users who are viewing this thread