What products for 80's and 90's interior?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
What products should I be using to clean and condition older dashes? The Skyline is some sort of vinyl / plastic and is very fragile. (Know to bubble and split).

PXL_20220209_165718971_copy_2040x1536.jpg

PXL_20220209_165714060_copy_2040x1536.jpg

5.0Black

Established Member
There are a lot of products out there. What type of finish do you want? Do you want a one step or two step process?

What immediately would come to mind for me would be Gtechniq I2 triclean for cleaning and Gtechniq C6 matte dash for protection.

I2 is an all purpose cleaner that works on virtually an interior material (including upholstery finishes). It kills 99% of bacteria and is the best deodorizer I have used in an all purpose cleaner. This makes the surface clean for C6 which is your protectant. This product should be only used on plastics, rubberized pieces and vinyl trim. It will provide some UV protection, stain and abrasion resistance. To be clear interior protectants are a minor level of protection in the big scheme of things imo.

The above pairing will make your interior look matte/very clean looking. Both are easy to work with.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Ive been using 303. Leaves the dash looking clean, and NOT greasy. Use it under the hood on hoses etc also.

Users who are viewing this thread