What Pistons for my build?

96juicedGT

Established Member
I am in the process of gathering parts to build a shortblock. I have a 03-04 Cobra block I picked up locally. Not concerned about the extra weight just got a good deal and couldn't pass it up. I already have a new Forged Cobra Crank, and a set of Manely SVT Rods. What would you recommend for the pistons? The car is an eaton swap car and will have a Posi ported blower and stock heads/cams.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I was looking at these....

Diamond 99-04 Mustang -15cc Dished Pistons (.020 Over) [DP-30031] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

If you have another preference feel free to share.

Is there a member discount still available? How much for the pistons/rings shipped to 41606?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to doing business with you guys!
Jared

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Those Diamond pistons will work great with a centrifugal blower or turbo, but the 19cc dish would work better with the roots/twin screw blower on pump gas. If you plan on making 650rwhp or less, you can stick with the plasma moly rings, if you are going consistently be over that HP mark, I would run stainless steel rings as they are more durable and can handle the heat better. Give us a call and we'll get you all hooked up and answer any other questions you may have.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread