What phone mount are you using (giant phones like iphone 10, etc)?

matt5058

Established Member
I'm having a ridiculously hard time finding a phone mount to use in my Mustang. I had an iPhone 8 for a while and this pretty simple air vent by Koomus and it worked fine. Then I made the mistake of getting the upgraded iPhone 10 XR which is huge, and then with a case it is like the size of a mini iPad. :confused:

I've tried the Kenu Airframe+ and it didn't work - the piece connecting the mount to the vent was too short and didn't work at all with the sort of arch angle of the vent and how the dash comes out over the vent, if that makes sense. So I had to send that one back. I also picked up one from Best Buy that didn't work - the phone was too heavy and no matter how much I tightened it, it would fall off or just be hanging face down. I looked at one at Costco, the Scosche Magic Mount, but I checked online and a lot of the reviews were bad so I passed on it.

At this point, it is pretty clear that a vent mount won't work with this huge ass phone. I'm open to something like a suction mount, something that plugs into the cigarette lighter right between the two middle vents, or anything else really that actually holds an iPhone 10 or other bigger phone. Give me your suggestions, please. :D:D Thanks

Sabi

Ive been using SCOSCHE for a while and honestly no complains whatsoever. Can buy it at Walmart or Amazon pretty cheap.

matt5058

Established Member
Ive been using SCOSCHE for a while and honestly no complains whatsoever. Can buy it at Walmart or Amazon pretty cheap.
Do you have an iPhone 10 or something similar in size? Are you using suction cup mount to the dash or the vent mount?

Sabi

I have an iphone 10xs max and i have the sticky one you can see it by the navigation screen.
9f042ab39c3a54b55dd5fb6dec51c263.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

matt5058

Established Member
I watched a few videos online and found a mount from SP Gadgets that seems like it will work with a GoPro sticky mount that I'm already using for my camera. Will post results when it arrives.

matt5058

Established Member
The SP Gadgets phone mount fits around my iPhone XR with a Trianium case - and it works fine with the GoPro mount on my dash. The only issue, is it takes up a pretty big amount of space between the windshield and the rear view mirror. I drove with it last night for a little bit and it wasn't too bad but I still might try to put a GoPro mount a little bit lower, to the right of the stereo and see if it holds there. Overall though, very sturdy mount and the phone doesn't feel like it's going anywhere while it's up there. I'm pretty impressed with the quality from SP.
GPTempDownload.JPG
GPTempDownload (1).JPG

LDC2335

Established Member
Pop socket with some 3m tape
512ace444999de241fd7a28e74fa2451.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread