What other sports cars do you like?

1996cobraconvertible

Established Member
87 Grand National
AMC AMX
Porsche 928S

There's a bunch of others, mostly Fords. Those 3 are probably in my top 5 though.
A GN will be my final car when I cannot shift any more. I have a lot of experience around them. I was there in 86-87 hen they came out, but too much for me.

I also was in business with Jim DAllesandro (one of the first pioneers), he took a single turbo full body into the 9's and then a light body into the 7's. I remeber Mustang vs. Grand National events all the time.

I am very happy with my Cobra. Always love the motor sound. Different from the 5.0 (4.9). So far so good with no major issues. It is fast enough for me now without doing any serious mods other then exhaust.

I just saw Porsche 928S by your name. An awesome car. Dad bought one in 85 when the new motor came out. 288 HP and a second gear (manual) that would not quit. A lot of issues thought.

All great times.

1996cobraconvertible

Established Member
I don't own a Cobra but I inherited this Mad Enterprise
In the next week or two John Mehovitz of Accufab Racing will start building it a new engine based on a 2005 Ford GT aluminum block. It'll keep the Navigator heads, recently reworked by Fox Lake Racing, and the Whipple 2.3.

As far as other cars go, last November I sold my 2015 Cayman in anticipation of flying to Bowling Green in June to pick up my new C8 Corvette.
C8 looks great. I have not seen many around my area outside of Philadelphia.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, the C8 is a nice looking Vette. I actually haven't seen any yet around here.

Badaz01

Established Member
I love the third gen iroc z28 Camaros. There is no other v8 rumble like it. If I didn’t have so much money in my cobra I would definitely have one.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
The car I've always wanted is a Shelby Cobra. Clone of course. Built by Superformance.

I also like the 34 Ford. Like the one in the ZZ Top videos.

I also like the 66 Shelby GT 350 Hertz car.

If I could afford it I would also like to have a Boss 429 in any color or a 2005 Ford GT in the Gulf racing colors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The car I've always wanted is a Shelby Cobra. Clone of course. Built by Superformance. I also like the 34 Ford. Like the one in the ZZ Top videos.

I also like the 66 Shelby GT 350 Hertz car.

If I could afford it I would also like to have a Boss 429 in any color or a 2005 Ford GT in the Gulf racing colors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
THAT would be a fun choice, Glenn.

fl0113-143182_1@2x.jpg

amorrow

Established Member
I like some of the vintage Ford/Shelby replicas already mentioned....would love an aluminum-body 289 FIA Cobra and a Superformance GT40. Non-Ford favorites would be Gen2 Viper GTS and Ferrari 458.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
As I get older, I'm really drawn to smaller, more nimble cars. Cut something up and do a pro-touring build. I like old Corvettes, Datsun 240s, Falcons... I like old Alfas, MGs. I'd love to have a Miata but I'm too tall to fit comfortably. I used to daily a STi that was absurdly big fun with basic mods, just became too small with a baby seat.

I grew up a mid-year Corvette kid. Couldn't afford one, wound up with my Mustang. Confident I'll end up eventually with my parents' C2, though so that'll be neat someday.

My taste is all over the place, really...

Balt21

Established Member
This is something that is constantly circling my head haha. I'm definitely split down the middle between import and domestic.

Cars I would love to have, but aren't in the cards right now: MKIV Supra, pretty much any Viper that isn't a convertible, R34 GTR

Cars I'm somewhat serious about trying to get in the near future: EVO IX, 2004-2007 STi (prefer 2005), FD RX-7, R32/R33 GTR, C6Z or Grand Sport

Users who are viewing this thread