What oil comes from the favctory

rosem32

Established Member
If you have a Track Pack GT or Boss 302 then is Synthetic 5W-50. If its a GT or V6 it is conventional.

bodon

Established Member
I appreciate the responses but now I am still not certain is it conv. or syn. or a blend. Anyone know for certain?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There's no guarantee that it's the off-the-shelf Motorcraft from the factory. All you need to look at to know this could be the case is a factory oil filter. They are not the Motorcraft filters that you can buy OTC.

bodon

Established Member
I was confused by that too. The factory filter is about an inch longer than the replacement that you get when you do an oil change. And its a Motorcraft replacement. There are no numbers on the factory unit. The local parts houses have no idea what it is.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
It's true, the factory filter is different than an off the shelf Motorcraft. The oil is either bulk synthetic blend, or different as well. That's why I change it around 1,000 miles.

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Perhaps it has changed, but the OEM filters were made by Champion Labs and the off the shelf Motorcraft was made to Ford requested specs by Purolator.

The factory fill from many companies varies from what you can buy. Honda in particular is famous for having a very different blend factory fill. Tons of moly in that oil.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread