what next?

96svtcobra

Established Member
well i have the following (check sig). i was planning on putting on a blower. either a V2 SQ Vortech or a P-1SC Procharger. i am looking for about 450rwhp and 400+tq. what do you guys suggest and what are your blown set-ups

TLush

Established Member
I haven't SC'ed mine yet, but since I don't plan on running mine at the track very often I am seriosly thinking about a Kenny Bell twin screw. The guys I have talked to say that it is a lot more fun to drive on the street (instant boost, no lag) but slightly less peak HP (above 6000 rpm). I more than makes up in low end TQ and HP. I haven't totally made up my mind yet but thats my 2-cents worth.
:burnout:
:burnout:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by 96svtcobra
well i have the following (check sig). i was planning on putting on a blower. either a V2 SQ Vortech or a P-1SC Procharger. i am looking for about 450rwhp and 400+tq. what do you guys suggest and what are your blown set-ups

This probably should be in the Turbo/Nitro lounge. I'll leave a link here.

PS you'll need about 10 PSI to get the 450 you want. Either way, I'd go intercooled or aftercooled depending on the manufacturer you choose. I'm partial to Vortech.

Last edited:

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
Originally posted by 96svtcobra

If you get the Vortech, I'd go with the V-2 hands down. If you go with procharger, I believe you get the cooler as well which is a great thing. I agree with what someone else said... around 9-10 psi and you should easily hit 450 or around that.

You'll need to upgrade your fuel system, injectors, and MAF (calibrated for the larger injectors). Also, you'll need to get that beast on a wideband O2 sensor to dial it in properly.

I recommend you also get yourself a nice OBDII scanning tool.

Good luck and let me know if you have additional questions. If you look in my sig, you'll see I run a Vortech and haven't had one problem with it. Actually I will be prolly upgrading to "T" trim real soon as well.

Thanks,
Tim

StangD281

Established Member
Is the whistle from your Vortech abnormally loud? I've heard the ProCharger on my car, & it can be heard a block away. Have yet to hear a Vortech "SQ" so they say, model around here.

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
Is the whistle from your Vortech abnormally loud? I've heard the ProCharger on my car, & it can be heard a block away. Have yet to hear a Vortech "SQ" so they say, model around here.

I have a *.wav file if you want to hear it... yes you can hear it approximately a half block away. At least mine is that loud... but I have a V-1 "S" trim.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

I have not been very happy with Vortech with their tech and my blower :mj: :cuss: part of the reasons i'm going with a turbo(s) setup! But if i was you i'd go with a ProCharger ;-) just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread