What mods to do on a 07 Grad Prix GXP?

04boostedstang

Established Member
My brother is getting a 2007 Grand Prix GXP V8. Any thoughts on mods? We are gonna get him a CAI, exhaust, and tune. Just wondering if any of u guys worked on these, or have one, or know a friend with one. I want to know what brads I should go with. I was just thinking K&N CAI, and either a Flowmater or magnaflow exhaust. I dont know on the tuner. Any thoughts? Please let me know thanks guys! :beer:
Excuse me me this this is the wrong forum, I did not know where to place this question.

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
My friend has 1 and its bone stock.

There isnt much of an aftermarket on these cars,not like fords 5.0 v8 or chevys reguar ls1 or ls2 and ls3,ls6etc motors, everything has to be custom for the gxp's and or customize regular gm camaro parts to fit if they do, because they only made the v8 in these cars for 2-3 years I belive only 2004-2007 had a v8 option being its smallest ls based v8 its 5.3 liters, its kinda the red headed step child of chevy motors, they didnt make much aftermarket for them so goodluck.

most parts are for the gtp supercharged models 3.8 3800 series v6's. all you really cant do is basic intake and exaust. or everything else would be custom, custom port work on internals or custom turbo kit etc or custom cam, otherwise just basic bolt ons. there pretty good stock 303hp but downfall is there heavy and automatic and front wheel drive, so good in stock trim not so much for aftermarket wise.

Last edited:

Blackwood

GroceryGetter w/ Attitude
Established Member
Missed this thread back in July.

Like mustangmanjeff said, there really is no aftermarket for the GXP's short of intake and exhaust. That's why the GTP's are faster with the supercharged V6. We have a huge aftermarket and it doesn't take much to match the stock GXP times and surpass them.

Users who are viewing this thread