What Midpipe and Catback are closest to stock?

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
When I bought my Cobra it didn't have a midpipe and only an aftermarket Flowmaster catback.

As it is impossible to find stock replacements being in Europe, I'm searching for the aftermarket option that is closest to stock to buy new. Both catted midpipe and catback.
It needs to pass an equivalent of California emissions and not be (much) louder than stock.

What is the best midpipe option, preferably h-pipe and with at least 4 catalytic converters to be close to stock from the looks for inspection.

Are there any Ford Racing catbacks left to fit the Cobra? I used to have a Ford Racing catback on my 03 GT and it sounded great while not being too loud. The Ford Logo and part number on the muffler also helped for inspection.

Appreciate any help on this

Thanks
Ana

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
A catted midpipe is not gonna be cheap. Just a heads up.
yeah I noticed while googling all morning. They are crazy expensive! Plus shipping overseas and I spend almost more than the car is worth.

latest idea I have is looking for the driver side oem flange of a stock Cobra midpipe and then adapting it to the 99-04 oem h-pipe we have sitting here.
No idea how to find that though.

Recon

Established Member
We use AP mufflers as a stock replacement at our shop. I’m not sure if they make a catback system; I can check tomorrow.

Pick your poison.

claybeatz

Established Member
Mufflers won't affect your inspection. Magnaflow makes a 50 state emissions friendly cat pipe but its still not legal unless your original oem midpipe cats failed and you have it documented

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ana, out of curiosity how young were you when started to work on engines, etc.? You’re obviously keenly mechanical.

Users who are viewing this thread