What makes tuning mass airs and performance mass air sensors different?

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
For tuning I'm talking about the SCT, DiabloSport etc mass air sensors. And for "performance" I'm talking about the JETs and Granatellis.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm guessing you mean MAF sensors that need to be tuned for vs. MAF sensors that are already calibrated for certain size injectors?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I get the feeling Im not the only one, Im not quite sure what you're asking

are you asking about whats different about mass air meters made by different companies?

the differences in different tuning companies?

I dont ever hear about people using any mass air parts from JET or Granatelli. You dont calibrate the maf sensor itself anymore according to whatever injectors you have etc...its all done through the tables in the computer.

the biggest thing now is getting a MAF that can support the amount of air being moved at your power level and you dont want to just get the biggest maf possible because they often have poor resolution at low air flow rates and you get poor idle and part throttle drivability

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
So what I'm gathering from this is that an SCT or Diablosport mass air sensor are really no different than any other larger mass air sensor? There's nothing special about them. I was under the impression these mass air sensors were some how special for their tuning software.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
correct, nothing special. You can run an SCT MAF and tune it with a diablosport tuner, you can use a diablosport maf extender on a Ford maf and tune it with SCT and itll be fine. You can use the normal ford slot style maf etc...

Users who are viewing this thread