What kind of performance could I expect from blown 05

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I am thinking about selling my 89 and trading my 03 in for an 05. If I get one I would probably order the new Vortech HO kit right away for it which is supposed to give it 480hp. I havent driven a GT yet so I don't really have any idea about performance other than just looking at the numbers. Do you all think that I would be satisfied with the performance? I would probably put a cai and exhaust on it right away too. I wonder if the car would run with or better than my modded Cobra and my high eleven 89.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
That's what 5.0 mag is reporting. That is for the "H.O." version which retails for $4,995.95. It dosen't say what the standard system ups the hp to but it is $3,895.95.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Really I didn't realize they were doing it so soon. Are they going into production next month or just being shown to the public?

jwfisher

Banned
Just being announced in some form. No guarentee that specs will be announced. It's not known if an actual car will be shown or not. It is known that it won't be in production until the '07 model year. So, you've got plenty of time.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The 05 motor is not set-up for supercharging (high compression, no forged intenals). The 4 valve Cobra motor will make more power. I'd wait of the new Cobra if I where you or find a leftover 04 Cobra if you don't wanna spend the extra money. Modding a Cobra motor makes crazy hp.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
yeah I know, I have an 03 modded. I just want to get the new body style. Guess I will have to wait.

tommygun

Established Member
the ATI blower made 440 and change at the tire on a dynojet, so yeah they are making great power

Madhouse

warrior
Established Member
tommygun said:
the ATI blower made 440 and change at the tire on a dynojet, so yeah they are making great power

By just bolting on a blower and uploading a tune?

We're gonna need some details. :pepper:

Madhouse

warrior
Established Member
Michael Freedma said:
BONE stock car. Procharger Blower Kit. 440hp rear wheels. Takes about 4-6 hrs to install.

Mike

I hope they've got about 700 kits all boxed up and ready to ship, because everybody's gonna want one of those mother ****ers !!!

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
jwfisher said:
Just being announced in some form. No guarentee that specs will be announced. It's not known if an actual car will be shown or not. It is known that it won't be in production until the '07 model year. So, you've got plenty of time.

dont be too sure about that. ill have pics march 24th.
joint.gif

SGL

Banned
Madhouse said:
Great numbers, but I'm gonna wait for a twin-screw.

wise.

the new car is heavier than the outgoing one. Low RPM torque will be important.

Users who are viewing this thread