What kind of exhaust do you guys like?

RussianStang

Established Member
I am in the process of looking for a set up for my car. I been considering the flowmaster outlaw set up but heard mixed revievs on the dron sound at 2k?

Also I like it ****ING LOUD!!

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
I would have to say that the Outlaws, IMO, are the loudest with the cats still on the car. Though the drone can be pretty bad at 2k on the highway, win some lose some.

Vista6019

Established Member
I have the RTR axleback's that are made by Magnaflow. Nice tone, aggressive when you want, quiet enough otherwise, and NO DRONE...
IMG_0641_zpsc4bdb861.jpg

Boss949

Established Member
Loud?

Here's my set up:
Roush Extreme Axle Backs
Side discs removed
Jeg's Performance Cat Deletes.

It's real loud

mtrsprt

Established Member
I'm older now (38). I'm done with stupid loud exhausts. AKA O/R mid pipes, etc. I must say, I am VERY content/happy with my factory exhaust setup with the side pipe restrictors removed. I get compliments almost every time out with the car. Best of all.....It's 100% legal, doesn't screw you with emissions testing, and didn't cost me any extra money in mods..... I personally, have a heard a few exhaust setups that actually sound like crap (IMO) on these cars. GT's included.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I just swapped to gt500 axle backs and side plates removed. its like surround sound exhaust and sounds perfect!

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I have the RTR axleback's that are made by Magnaflow. Nice tone, aggressive when you want, quiet enough otherwise, and NO DRONE...
IMG_0641_zpsc4bdb861.jpg
Are those tips coated? Looks pretty sick
Loud?

Here's my set up:
Roush Extreme Axle Backs
Side discs removed
Jeg's Performance Cat Deletes.

It's real loud
Do you have an exhaust clip I just want to hear how crazy that sounds :rockon:
I'm older now (38). I'm done with stupid loud exhausts. AKA O/R mid pipes, etc. I must say, I am VERY content/happy with my factory exhaust setup with the side pipe restrictors removed. I get compliments almost every time out with the car. Best of all.....It's 100% legal, doesn't screw you with emissions testing, and didn't cost me any extra money in mods..... I personally, have a heard a few exhaust setups that actually sound like crap (IMO) on these cars. GT's included.
Have to say I partially agree with you coming from a younger guy (24). The factory sound with the baffles removed sound very good. I'm just concerned with the catted but not muffled exhaust coming from the side and near the side panel. Not exactly sure on how the exhuast is distributed (example: 60% flow from the sides, 40% to the rear pipes?) but I hope it does not stain the paint in the future. You know like the JDM cars

As of yesterday I've been checking out exhaust set ups but have not been completely sold on a particular one yet. The Boss' are still fairly new and most people I know remove the baffles and call it a day. I remember when I had my Terminator all I had to do was click on the exhaust sound clip thread and picked from there. Hopefully in the near future someone can find the "perfect" exhaust set up (simliar to the Terminator's bassani o/r x and borla stinger cb) and share a clip with us.

KBBoss302

Established Member
I've got GT500s on mine with the side exhausts fully open and the sound is just about perfect. I agree with comments about some exhausts being too loud and actually sounding terrible.

I still contemplate going with cat deletes at some point and if it is too loud, maybe tuning the volume from the sidepipes via the different sized restrictor plates that are offered.

Ochoblanco

Established Member
At 34 I prefer a quieter exhaust than I did in my younger years. However after hearing a 13 Boss with my exhaust set up (Magnaflow comp over axles and AB's) paired with an offroad h pipe changed my mind. Sounded insanely wicked. But it's to each his own

bpmurr

Established Member

+1, I love the OEM exhaust sound with the side restrictors removed.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member

I'm only 22 and I don't even want my car any louder than it is with the baffles removed...

I want to throw on LT headers and offroad exhaust for the performance though so I guess I'll have to put up with the noise.

BSG Boss

Established Member
ARH 1 7/8 LT's, O/R X, stock over the axle pipes with resonators and borla touring is loud enough wide open and has no drone on the highway!! Look up blk5genss on YouTube there is an idle and wide open runs at the track!!! Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread